GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Suspension Purchased :)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
stockfornow

stockfornow

New Suspension Purchased :) Empty
PostSubject: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeFri May 29, 2009 4:01 pm

I finally did it! After learning I had a seized shock I decided it was time to upgrade the whole suspension.

Going with Bilstein 1104/0929 and H&R springs. Will also be ordering ZQ8's and Airlift 1000's.

Anyone know which Airlift's I should pair with the H&R's?
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeSat May 30, 2009 10:11 pm

Anyone?
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeSun May 31, 2009 5:38 am

I can't help with the H&R springs, but I know the # for stock height if you need it
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 02, 2009 8:22 pm

That is the confirmed part number for the Air Lift bags for H&R springs per several other members of ISSF. I am unsure if the kit comes with heat shields but I don't think they would be too hard to fab up out of some sheet aluminum and a couple of hose clamps. Let me know how you like the stance and the ride of the H&R springs, I have a slightly different shock combo but I am more concerned about the ride height at this point. I need to verify that my front springs are indexed properly as my car seems to sit a little bit higher then it did with the stock springs, even after sitting for close to 6 months of course getting it running will be more of a priority once I get back stateside.
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 12:40 pm

A siezed shock? That can't be good. Was it bent?
Back to top Go down
93wgn

93wgn

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeWed Jun 03, 2009 2:24 pm

I second the heat shield for the airlifts. The previous owner did the install on my car and he said he never had a problem with them. Rolling Eyes Two weeks ago, I went to Northern Massachusetts to buy a 29 Chevy coupe & roadster. Coming back thru New Haven, Conn, I blew a helper bag while towing the trailer. Made for a shitty ride back with a lowered wagon... Suspect

The bag blew right where the tailpipe passes the spring. When the new ones go in, I will be fabbing some heatshields up... afro
Back to top Go down
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:53 am

Wagon Collector wrote:

I am not sure if it was bent or what. I would have to ask my mechanic.

I had 8 bags of concrete in it the day before that sat overnight. Two days after, I was making a turn and hit a very large pot hole. Right after that the car began to ride funny. The rear end got real bouncy on one side.

I of course used it as an excuse to upgrade Smile
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 7:54 am

UberWagon wrote:

That is the confirmed part number for the Air Lift bags for H&R springs per several other members of ISSF. I am unsure if the kit comes with heat shields but I don't think they would be too hard to fab up out of some sheet aluminum and a couple of hose clamps. Let me know how you like the stance and the ride of the H&R springs, I have a slightly different shock combo but I am more concerned about the ride height at this point. I need to verify that my front springs are indexed properly as my car seems to sit a little bit higher then it did with the stock springs, even after sitting for close to 6 months of course getting it running will be more of a priority once I get back stateside.

Thanks for the part number. I will let you all know how the ride is and what the drop was! Smile
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeThu Jun 04, 2009 3:59 pm

stockfornow wrote:
Wagon Collector wrote:

I am not sure if it was bent or what. I would have to ask my mechanic.

I had 8 bags of concrete in it the day before that sat overnight. Two days after, I was making a turn and hit a very large pot hole. Right after that the car began to ride funny. The rear end got real bouncy on one side.

Ahh... the old opposite-corner bounce! Yep, that's a bummer. I've had that before, but instead of a shock putting up too much resistance (siezed), mine was blown out and was just dead weight.

Come to think of it, my DGGM '95 bounces funny. I think someone may have removed the shocks from that car as a weight-saving measure! Laughing
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 1:13 am

at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, you are going to LOVE those shocks. I judge every other vehicle I ride in by how my RMW rides.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 3:53 am

stockfornow wrote:

That is the only way to do it! Why simply replace stock parts when you can upgrade them for a few dollars more!
Back to top Go down
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeFri Jun 05, 2009 7:04 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
at the risk of sounding like a cheerleader, you are going to LOVE those shocks. I judge every other vehicle I ride in by how my RMW rides.

I'm going to have to try these on my '95 DGGM. I keep putting Monroe SS shocks on mine... and I'm getting a little tired of the ride. Plus my 6-speed car is bouncing a bit corner to corner just today... and the Monroe SS shocks on it have less than 20,000 miles on them.
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 08, 2009 10:11 am

H&R's arrived Friday, Bilsteins should be here today Smile

BTW, the H&R's are progressive in the front and back, right? Maybe I am going crazy but the fronts look like a linear spring?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Suspension Purchased :)   New Suspension Purchased :) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Suspension Purchased :)
Page 1 of 1