GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Interior Steam Cleaner?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Cadet57

Cadet57

Interior Steam Cleaner? Empty
PostSubject: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:29 pm

I've gotten sick of looking at the dirty carpets and rear seat in my wagon and was thinking about picking up a small steam cleaner that can do the carpets and the rest of the interior. I came across this little one on Amazon. Anyone have any experience with it or can recommend a good and relatively INEXPENSIVE one?

http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-ProHeat-Compact-Multi-Purpose-14254/dp/B002DNXBUI
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:50 pm

Just go rent one from Home Depot for an afternoon. Do the seats and carpets. You'll be amazed how nice it looks afterword.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:55 pm

I use a Bissell Green Machine. Works well.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 4:59 pm

Looks like the one I posted just... well... green. Laughing

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:56 pm

I used one like that for about a year before I graduated to a professional one. They work well for what it is, a PART TIME machine.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 8:57 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
I used one like that for about a year before I graduated to a professional one. They work well for what it is, a PART TIME machine.

That's all it would be. Just something to clean the carpets and then clean the car every so often after that.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:02 pm

These machines also suffer from a SEVERE lack of "lift", or suction. Dry everything with a towel afterwords and you should be fine.

Also, pre-treating increases performance exponentially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 9:25 pm

Roberts right about pretreating and you must read the damn instructions which seems to be a
problem for most people.My brothers girlfriend has one and she said the most important thing
was to not let the stain sit and dry.She use to have a small detailing business with her brother
and she handled the interiors.One she did was clean and scrub with the unit posted but used
a shop vac to pick up the water when done.Stanley SteEmer did a great job yesterday and the carpets look like new and I am thinking about getting one of these for emergencys.Nick
Danger,I remembered what you posted HAHA.
MY 2 CENTS
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Interior Steam Cleaner?   Interior Steam Cleaner? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Interior Steam Cleaner?
Page 1 of 1