GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread

Go down 
+2
DBeaSSt
cadillac kevin
6 posters
AuthorMessage
cadillac kevin

olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Empty
PostSubject: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 20:59

I am taking a request for part off a few wagons in a local junkyard.
one is an olds custom cruiser (mostly intact interior less gauge cluster). it is dark blue in color inside and out. it has digital climate control. it seemed to be complete except the left sail panel and rear glass hatch. it has both taillamps intact. it seems to be pretty clean. odometer read 214xxx miles
another wagon is a roadmaster wagon. it has full interior (with gauge cluster w/ tach) last week when I was there the body was unmolested.
there is also a 9C1 gauge cluster in a caprice if anyone is interested.
the yard also has 2 early 90's white caprice wagons (fairly stripped down option wise) and a couple caprice wagons from the mid/ late 80's- one maroon and 1 gold
I am located in eastern MO.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 9 Jun 2011 - 21:02

I pointed him here, mostly for the OCC due to rarity, but also other stuff should come in handy.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 6:22

Is the Olds a 92?

I could use a good dark blue OCC grille if it's a 92 (red 'Rocket" logo). Also interested in the tail lights if they have zero cracks (a few scuffs are okay).

Price shipped to 22610?
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 8:07

DBeaSSt wrote:
Is the Olds a 92?

I could use a good dark blue OCC grille if it's a 92 (red 'Rocket" logo). Also interested in the tail lights if they have zero cracks (a few scuffs are okay).

Price shipped to 22610?
The OCC has to be a 91, because it has the sail panels.
Back to top Go down
chevy man

chevy man

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 14:54

Chrome front wheelwell moldings would be nice if they are the same as a 92. Need right especially.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 16:56

Nothing personal but until I see some pictures and maybe a few recommendations,I am out!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 22:23

Jim I understand your skepticism. I will have pics of the wagons in the yard (and parts that members have shown interest in so far) on wednesday if everything goes as planned.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 23:39

Thanks Kevin for not taking this wrong,just being careful as I had to get another damn debit
card because somebody stole and used my info again.Moron bought a $400 dollar purse and I
dont even carry a purse anymore.LOL.Thats the second time this year.
I know Ray recommended you to us but I am just being cautious.
Take Care All
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 23:40

Paypal is the answer, Jim. Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 23:44

Paypal helps but its not perfect by any means especially once the package is delivered and opened Ray.Not to change the subject but Ray it sounded like you liked my wagon?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 10 Jun 2011 - 23:45

Yes. I do indeed love your wagon. lol
Back to top Go down
formula455

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011 - 1:07

I am needing the drivers side rear door cladding off the occ and a passenger side rear door sail panel off the rmw. I also need the interior wood trim strips off both front door panels. Let me know what you find. Thanks.
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 11 Jun 2011 - 8:38

Fred Kiehl wrote:
DBeaSSt wrote:
Is the Olds a 92?

Price shipped to 22610?
The OCC has to be a 91, because it has the sail panels.

Oh, I missed that. Well I'll still take the grille if it's good, let me know price. I have an extra red rocket I can swap. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011 - 21:59

How is the scavaging going. I am patiently waiting for the parts.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeWed 15 Jun 2011 - 22:08

Fred at your age you should have learned by now what patience is.LOLJust kidding.Have you
ever had trouble with your alternator keeping your battery charged up while running all the
accessories?
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 0:44

Fred. I am going to try for tomorrow (thursday) or friday. I could not get time to go today.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 9:13

Flasheroo wrote:
Fred at your age you should have learned by now what patience is.LOLJust kidding.Have you ever had trouble with your alternator keeping your battery charged up while running all the accessories?
Jim Gordon
This should have its own thread.

I have never had any situation where I was running all my accessories at once for an extended period of time. The most I have run continuously and simultaneously are the engine (not really an accessory), A/C, lights, cruise control, and radio. My charging system has always kept up with the demand.

Have Autozone or Advanced Auto check your system, its free.

Thanks for the update Kevin.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 9:58

Fred what I was referring to is with dual electric fans added to your stock electrical system
have you had any problems?Sorry for the hijack!
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 10:13

I have not added the fans yet. I still need some parts.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 22:37

I pulled all the parts I could get off reasonably quick. the cars were being inhabited by red and black wasps the size of your thumb that did not want me anywhere near their nest.
I got:
3 taillights- 1 left, 2 right. all with no cracks. 1 has a slight reddish tint to the surround
1 electronic climate control
1 right front fender body molding
1 climate control off button.
I have located (but did not pull bc of P/O'ed wasps): pass front door rocker molding, rear red storage bin lid, front wheel well molding.

no pics because wasps were really tired of me messing with their home by that time
white w/ red interior one (I forget the year- has no sail panels) has front interior intact. OCC cluster intact (no fading) with only 113xxx miles. also has a big pile of misc interior parts in the back. it has a damaged front bumper/ hood, some fender dents, but otherwise clean (no major rust, etc)
dark blue (orig powder blue) w/ dark blue interior one has fully intact (minus dash) interior. the front bumper/ hood/ grille is gone or damaged.
there is also a roadmaster wagon, a couple bubble caprice wagons, and a handful of roadmaster sedans.
heres pics of what I got
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161515
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161516
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161517
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161518
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161519
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161520

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 23:47

I'll take a pair of the tail lights (color is not important...lens is), the cladding, and the OFF button (if it is part of the module, I guess I will have to take the whole AC module). I would also like to send you/reimburse you the money for a can of wasp spray. I really need the footwell/storage cover and would like the door cladding. The wood grain trim around the door handles would be nice if not broken (front and rears are the same). How much for the OCC cluster? Other items...both sides bubble caprice wagon rear door chrome upper and vertical window trim if the thin black strip is not detached. Are there any cargo bay light lenses (I will take all you can get)?

I can pay by Paypal.

I can send you a FEDEX account for shipping.
Back to top Go down
formula455

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 16 Jun 2011 - 23:54

I would still like to find a driver's side rear door cladding and the lower profile roof racks off the occ. I sent you a pm on a couple other items also I think. Thanks. I can pay by paypal or how ever you would prefer. Any chance the occ or rmw had a factory cd player? Thanks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011 - 0:15

Cargo lenses were the first thing I asked about when he called me today. LOL I see we think alike.

I also KNEW someone else would want that cluster. Smile
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeFri 17 Jun 2011 - 15:56

Kevin, If you get a rear passenger door courtesy light, I would appreciate that too.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011 - 0:56

@formula 455
I don't have any PM's from you. lmk what all you need and I'll pick it up.
drivers side rear door cladding is intact on both.
as for roof racks- I'm not sure either of them has it.
as for the factory CD player- nope- all the wagon radios are gone. but if someone can show me a pic of what one looks like I'm sure theres one in the yard somewhere.

@ Fred
theres a piece of front pass door cladding there on the blue wagon but some moron put a trim screw through it between the chrome top lip and the rubber end at the front of the panel. it also has a scratch running horizontal down it (seen in pic) the white wagon has the same piece, but it has a deep vertical scratch in it, which I'm not sure if that can be sanded/ filled in.
You don't have to buy a whole climate control unit. I picked up a set of buttons off another climate control.
as for the red storage door- it has no latch (but if you like I can pull latch off blue storage door)
heres the trim piece off the blue wagon (I left it at the yard since I'm not sure if you want it)
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161511
olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread P6161512

Back to top Go down
formula455

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011 - 4:47

I would like to get that cladding if possible. Also if either does have the low profile roof rack that would be nice, I don't care for the tall one on my 96.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011 - 8:26

A lot of people have put screws through the cladding when they get frustrated with the OEM method of attachment. I will pass on the door cladding. The footwell cover without the latch is OK. I have a camel latch, but I may just use it without the latch until I can find a red one. Just having a straight footwell cover is great, my 60 lb tool box travelled on a trajectory and landed in the middle of my current one, so it has about a 2 inch bow to the cover. I sent you a PM as well. I have taken a couple of the climate control units apart, so I know the routine. Did either of them have the climate control unit without the rear defrost? just curious.

The rear passenger door courtesy light lens (or the whole light) probably will not be on the OCC. It would be on an RM or a high option Caprice. If you can get any good Caprice, OCC, or RMW power antennas, you can readily sell them for $65 -100.

I would like to use my FEDEX account, because I get a substantial discount.
Back to top Go down
chevy man

chevy man

PostSubject: olds custom cruiser, rmw and caprice wagon parts request   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 18 Jun 2011 - 10:16

front wheelwell moldings please. Passenger side especially. Left rear chrome molding behind the door on top of the cladding. Not damaged
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeThu 14 Jul 2011 - 12:49

I need the black rubber molding from passenger rear door on the Roadmaster wagon. Please let me know if you have this part available. Thanks!
Back to top Go down
sclodfelter

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitimeSat 6 Aug 2011 - 23:05

How is the cladding on the drivers door????
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread   olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

olds custom cruiser, rmw, and caprice wagon parts request thread
Page 1 of 1