GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just got my first wagon yesterday!

Go down 
+5
phantom 309
brokecello
Lynol
81X11
onlinepartbin
9 posters
AuthorMessage
onlinepartbin

onlinepartbin

Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Empty
PostSubject: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:47 pm

Hey everybody,

This is a great forum and I ran across it while I was searching for parts and upgrades for my new wagon. I am posting pics below, and I read the tutorial, so they should work okay. I bought this off a pinstriper here in Seguin, TX and is my new promo ride and daily driver. These wagons are awesome and I had never found the right one for me until this week. It is kind of a modern day sedan delivery and I have been looking for one like this since about 94 when I saw my first one customized.

My step-daughters and I are going to be cleaning it (daily) and doing a couple of things here and there, but it is pretty well the way I like it other than adding company logo and lettering. We run an auto parts business online and locally here in Texas and I FINALLY have one of my dream cars. It can haul a bumper and gets a ton of looks and waves around San Antonio.

It has put the biggest smile on my face since my first truck when I was 15 years old...(My step-daughters both thought it was just okay until we started working on it together. Pretty good family project and now my 12 year old wants to go to car shows with me!!)

Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Photo5
Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Photo3
Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Photo6
Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Photo7
Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Photo1

Let me know what you guys think.

Adam
Back to top Go down
http://www.onlinepartbin.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:51 pm

Welcome! We've been watching this car on Craigslist for a while now. Glad it found a good home. Also nice to see another Texas wagon member. I'm in Round Rock.

I love Seguin too....well John's Salvage. It's fun to just go wonder around that place.

Keep the pics coming! Nice car, and if you are ever in Austin on a Saturday come to the cruise-in at 1431 and 183. Would be cool to have another wagon next to my Roady!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 3:55 pm

Here you go Adam:

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t3498-john-s-salvage-co-in-sequin-tx-plus-other-pics-sat-road-tripping?highlight=john+s+salvage

Our salvage yards down here make the northern forum members pant and foam at the mouth. Razz

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 4:24 pm

Welcome to the forum, and WOW what a cool looking wagon you've got! The pin-stripping looks top-notch and really helps "make" the car. I like your wheels too. What kind of car is it on paper? Looks like it's got a Roadmaster dash and tail lights but no vista roof. Looks like a lot of work was put in to it. Really well done.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 5:53 pm

Congrats on getting that wagon! And Welcome here!!

Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
onlinepartbin

onlinepartbin

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 8:47 pm

Wow, thank you guys for all of the comments. I have never had a "hot rod" other than my rusted out and barely held together '65 Bel Air (2 door). It is great to find a forum of guys who like the exact same things instead of a generic "Jeep" forum like I was on when I had my Wrangler.

Lynol wrote:
What kind of car is it on paper? Looks like it's got a Roadmaster dash and tail lights but no vista roof. Looks like a lot of work was put in to it.

This is a 92 Roadmaster. The body work is a little wavy, but yes the pin striping is top notch. I would seldom keep anything on a new vehicle that was from the previous owner, but I decided to leave the "Mikey did it!" lettering on the back window. I think the waves in the body really makes the car and gives it a somewhat nostalgic look. If it were any other vehicle, I don't think I would ever feel that way since I sell painted auto parts. I am a pretty hardcore stickler for quality and perfection, but I think it is a few imperfections that keep this from being a trailer queen and make it really show some character. Since my initial post, I drove the girls to Petsmart and they love riding in it and everyone makes way for it. Somebody said it made me look evil...that is pretty funny IMO. Oh, and I still am getting hearse comments.

The car came from the owner of www.mikeyspinstriping.com and I told him that I would do a write up on a whole separate page of our company website about the history and pictures of this car. Mike is a great guy and there are a ton more pics of how it used to be and how it is now on his website. (I think they are still up there) I hope this doesn't break a forum rule. I just read them and I am not really promoting or trying to make money off of the previous owner's site, but it is a neat place to check out. If I am, just let me know and I will edit.

Mike (from Round Rock), your posts are pretty awesome. The pictures and details are amazing. I have not had time to get to salvage yards recently, but at least I know now where I can get my dad some parts for his recently re-acquired 41 Chevy. (My Grandfather gave it to my dad for his 55th birthday, but it was one of my dad's first cars; needs complete resto) As far as the cruise-in, I would like to head up to Austin and check that out some weekend. What time of the day does that normally start?

We plan to do a different grille and new headlamps/signal lamps. At some point, I would like to do a complete interior job, but in due time...We also have the set of the old Buick rims that were on the car when it was REALLY striped up and the pics should still be on the website I mentioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:03 pm

Cool car with a good history,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeFri Jul 15, 2011 9:08 pm

Love it! Would like to see some inside shots, curious how they tied the rear to the deleted doors.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:00 am

I am sure Mikey is glad his baby went to a fellow wagon nut and he knows that it will be taken
care of.I want that louvered hood badly.Welcome to the group Adam and congrats on the wagon
buy.
Jim Gordon
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 12:01 am

Back to top Go down
onlinepartbin

onlinepartbin

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:06 am

Thanks Bandwagon. I think the old pics are down off his site. I was looking for them last night and found nothing. Mikey threw in the rims that were on it before so I have an extra set for my next wagon.
Back to top Go down
onlinepartbin

onlinepartbin

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:08 am

95BRMW wrote:
Love it! Would like to see some inside shots, curious how they tied the rear to the deleted doors.

That is the unfinished part, but I am working on some ideas. Never done a custom interior myself, but a guy has to learn somehow.
Back to top Go down
Bandwagon

Bandwagon

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:37 am

The biggest problem I have seen with the interiors on these is that it is clear there was a door at one time. If you could cut a panel that went from the b pillar all the way back, and wrap it, I think that would look much better. Nice and smooth.
Back to top Go down
onlinepartbin

onlinepartbin

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:49 am

That is what I was thinking. I like shiny stuff so diamond plate would be cool, but at the same time, not practical at all. Since I want to still have access for seat use when necessary, the panel will need to be thin enough to allow them to fold up. I also like the storage back there too. Maybe some aluminum flashing shaped to the contours and access panels and painted with some cool accents, but nothing too crazy, just subtle.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 11:15 am

Great ride, especially for an auto parts business! You did good and welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:10 pm

very nice ive seen this on ebay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just got my first wagon yesterday!    Just got my first wagon yesterday!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just got my first wagon yesterday!
Page 1 of 1