GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Empty
PostSubject: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:06 pm

The stupid cold front came through last night. It's freaking FREEZING here Mr. Bigglesworth! Last I checked it was 29 and windy, but thankfully the sun is out....it doesn't LOOK cold out the window, but boy it sure is! It's not supposed to warm back into the 60's again until this weekend.

Knowing I needed to enjoy it while I had it, I took a 30-min run out west of town right after work yesterday. T-tops off, warm south wind, took the long way home. I'd picked up a "new" cd at Half Price Books, the soundtrack from Grosse Point Blank. Had it blasting, good stuff on there. Was a nice drive home and I HATED putting the tops on the car last night!!!

Nabbed a couple pics of course running the back roads in the wide open spaces
It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! 100_0024
It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! 100_0025
It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! 100_0026

Come on weekend! Push this cold crap back up north!

-Mike

Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 pm

We have snow. I had to sweep 2 inches of white stuff off the top of the wagon just to go grocery shopping.

The temperatures were in the 50s all last week. Back to Winter, I guess.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 3:58 pm

Yuck.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 6:37 pm

Yeah, saw you guys on the news. That storm that hit you today is my "part two" for tomorrow. Sad

The 4-6" forcast today of fluffy stuff looked an awful lot like a foot deep when I snowblowed tonight and I just got in and it was going strong out there still. Sad

Makes me wonder what the 12+ of the heavy stuff tomorrow is actually gonna be? Shocked

And for the record, the snowbank along the driveway is now taller than me. I have no idea where I'm gonna put it tomorrow.

And now they are saying another 8-12" on Saturday.

That's it. I'm moving. Smile

But that ice storm crap that's happening between you and me... Whew. That is bad news. Not good at all. Hope everyone in the middle of the country fares out ok!
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 7:47 pm

Not a good time to head out of Green Bay headed for Dallas.....

It was in the high 70s here today and Sunny. Supposed to be that way for the next few days.
Went to the local 'winter' car show tonight. It's right around the corner from my house.

They hold it only in the winter as it;s too hot in the summer, lol. About 30 cars tonight, mostly 50s and late model. Took the Radio Flyer, but she' was unwashed and needing wax badly on the single stage Maaco paint. No one gave her a second look... Sad

I'll be back next Tuesday with some fresh wax on her.
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

Yep, when I was growing up in New Hampshire, there were a couple of winters where I had to climb up the snow bank at the end of my Dad's driveway and shovel the top of it farther into the yard. When they get higher than about seven feet, it's hard to throw snow over them.

However, it's safer there. My drive to work is going to be crazy tomorrow. Yesterday afternoon it merely rained, and I saw two separate rear-end collisions at the stop lights by the interstate.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 12:02 am

My son's school is opening two hours late tomorrow, because of the cold. It's not raining, snowing, or sleeting, the streets are dry, the sky is clear, but it's supposed to get down into the teens tonight and the school board believes Texans will turn into ice statues at those temps. They are giving it until 10am for the sun to warm the town into the 20's.

Ha!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 10:49 am

Snow today in Texas! http://www.kvue.com/weather/ - Up to two inches, which has everyone freaked out, ha!. Wild wacky stuff.

It's even supposed to snow down at the gulf. Corpus Christi NEVER gets snow. They went ahead and shut down the schools for today and tomorrow down there, and it has not even started yet.

If we get a flake today the Austin schools will close early. May be working from home tomorrow.

Funny stuff! Nobody would blink over this back in Jersey. ; )
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 pm

OMG Mike, it seems like you already have plenty of flakes down there, lol!!! I can see if you do get the snow because I know they aren't equipped down there, but for TWO days??? That's humorous lol

Yeah, schools don't close here til the windchill hits like 30 below!!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!   It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

It was 80 yesterday, and it's 29 today!!
Page 1 of 1