GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.

Go down 
+5
BigBlackBeaSSt
Sprocket
silverfox103
Olds Weighty Eight
honeybunnyii
9 posters
AuthorMessage
honeybunnyii

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Empty
PostSubject: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:52 pm

I"ll post some pictures of the before and after. Know wonder I was so jumpy, pretty bad wreak, theses cars are built. The airbag did not deploy, but it did not matter with the lumbar seats I was fine.

https://i.servimg.com/u/f47/16/67/12/77/poor_b10.jpg
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 5:55 pm

That's a shame but it doesn't look like it hit the frame. Perhaps that's why the airbag didn't deploy. Anyway, a donor front cap may save that wagon.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:03 pm

Greg is right honeybunnyii about your wagon looking pretty fixable.Insurance companies just
total these cars for any damage because of their age and the difficulty in finding parts in a
timely manner.Doesnt look like a real hard hit to me either.
Jim
Back to top Go down
honeybunnyii

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:19 pm

Oh, well should I try to sell it or just part it out its still mine, here is the new one

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. New_1910
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 6:55 pm

Hi HBii

I really like your new wagon. Love the color combination. Looks like the new wagon's antenna does not work. If the old one is good, swap it. Parting out is OK, I did the same to a wagon. Now I have a cellar full of parts. You may want to sell it as is and be done with it.

I would be surprised if the frame is not damaged. That is a pretty good hit.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 7:05 pm

Yikes! That DOES look like a hard hit.

The new wagon surely looks like it needs some window tint! Glad the old one kept you safe.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 8:47 pm

I love the Dark Cherry Metallic with wood. going to guess a burgandy interior.
If it were me I would pull some of the hard to replace parts (like the sail panels, wheel caps, tail lights, etc) off the old car and sell it for the engine/trans as LT1s still command a bood dollar. So if you are selling it as a motor then you can strip all the good stuff and still get your oney out.

DOn't know how much you are into that though, but many of the parts are not manufactured so they may come in handy.

If you do part it out I'm myself and the other vultures here will be interested in some parts Smile
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:16 pm

Sure is a beautiful wagon HB.You said you have a mechanic who can pull parts for you?Also do
you have a place to store these parts safely and out of the weather?We can gladly give a very
complete list of which parts to pull and hoard due to their limited availability and the fact that
you may need a few of these parts in the future for that beauty sitting in your driveway.
Jim
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:31 pm

Sorry for the crash, looks you got yourself a wonderful new one.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 16, 2011 9:48 pm

It's a high hit,. not too bad really,did the rad get whacked?. if you want to save it, just put a complete front clip on it,. probably not too hard to find a white woody front clip,.
I doubt the frame got touched

Nick

Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 1:38 am

It looks like you need a front PS door too. White is the most popular color, so there should be a good supply of used parts. I agree with Nick a front clip is in order. You will probably be in up to the core support. I would have the frame checked, but it may be fine. You probably got the radiator, and condenser. A used clip can include all of those parts, if you have someone to pull it.

Where are you located? Someone local may be willing to help out.
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:29 am

I happen to have a complete white woody front clip....

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. DSC01612
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 10:46 am

Sorry about the old wagon, but the new one looks great! I own a DCM woodie myself and love the color combo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.   Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hi I'm the lady who's beautiful 1995 BRM wagon was crushed. Here is what it looks like.
Page 1 of 1