GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

my 91 caprice wagon check it out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lugnutz

lugnutz

my 91 caprice wagon check it out Empty
PostSubject: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 7:33 pm

i bought this for 1500.00 and it is a 1991 wagon runs great .
this is what it looked like when i bought it
my 91 caprice wagon check it out 230480_1810719705705_1171355037_31749780_2172625_n

this is it today with a few add ons
my 91 caprice wagon check it out 050

i added a few details to the motor
my 91 caprice wagon check it out 023

added a few leds to the dash
my 91 caprice wagon check it out 036
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:22 pm

Nice project you've got going. Did you have any difficulty fitting the air cleaner on your wagon?
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 9:43 pm

Looks good.

Those are the same covers and Air Cleaner I used on my sedan.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:30 pm

Looks to be well on its way to being something you can really be proud of lugnutz.Really like the
brite red LEDs.How brite are they at night with the switch turned all the way down?
Jime
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:39 am

air cleaner was easy i got two spacers from pepboys and the air filter from there . the old valve covers were rusted bad and the air cleaner was ulgy so i put those on and i still have to remove the rest of the emissions crap the exhaust was bad so i had it redone with true dauls no cats ar resantors . i put glass packs on for now till i can get flowmasters . the led stip was easy to install i wired it into the headlight switch , well its bright but doesnt effect my driving at night the cops love it i still have more to go on the wagon but its just tacking time . i want to lower it in the frount i have a cowl hood for it just havent had time to install it . if u guys wanna here it running i have a you tube channel https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0rLRVQ-9dSM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eg483Lfzf4I
im also on facebook ther are alot of pics that show from the time i bought it till now https://facebook.com/9c1freak
follow me there

ps sorry i cant spell that good
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:24 am

Nice, the red light instrument cluster looks cool. Did you black out the center of the facotry grille or is that aftermarket? So what are your plans for paint? Looking good!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 10:30 am

Nice work in progress! I like the round air cleaner a lot more than the black plastic box GM used from the factory.

Please keep up updated as the work comes along!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:48 pm

my plans for paint is a two tone semi gloss not sure on the colors yet . i did paint the grill with a semi gloss black and my plans are a old school rat rod with a twist.i plan on doing a old school emblems adding window tint removing alot of stuff from my engine just to clean it up a bit i have a overhead center consol and a 6 in cowl hood putting better mufflers old school moon caps on the wheels and lowering the wagon 3inches . i have a low budget so for now its going that route u guys can follow the wagons work on facebook https://facebook.com/9c1freak
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 12:51 pm

this will give u guys some ideal. its photoshoped
my 91 caprice wagon check it out 259817_1922812507955_1171355037_31894639_4488228_n
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:19 pm

Thanks Lugnutz for making me feel old.I remember when some of your "old school modifications"
were new and just becoming popular for I believe the first time.Get that body rust taken care
of asap before it gets any worse and then begin making it a wagon you can be proud to drive
and show.Great pics!
Thanks
Jim
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:51 pm

lugnutz wrote:
air cleaner was easy i got two spacers from pepboys and the air filter from there .

OK, I was curious to compare notes. You must have a drop base air cleaner if it req'd spacers. The Jeg's air cleaner on mine is a standard base and I had to slightly 'massage' the firewall for clearance.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 3:59 pm

im thinking your right i bought the universal air filter and i bought some adaptors and it fits right in i was worried about the coil so added adaptors i like how u painted your engine can u post a pic of it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: my 91 caprice wagon check it out   my 91 caprice wagon check it out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

my 91 caprice wagon check it out
Page 1 of 1