GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Middle seat back interchange?

Go down 
+2
Sprocket
jayoldschool
6 posters
AuthorMessage
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Middle seat back interchange? Empty
PostSubject: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 10:15 pm

Can you mount a TBI car middle seat back in an LT1 car? I know they are different, just not sure if they swap.

Jason.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 10, 2011 11:00 pm

interested as well as thinking of going the other way if I part out this rusty roadmaster (seat back in Grimace is broken)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:53 am

Someone will probably prove me wrong but, I believe they are different. If I remember, one is narrower than the other or it pivots differently.

Tom
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:02 am

I'd have to measure but I think the seats are the same size. The mount points and hinge are quite different though. I've always thought the LT1 pivot/hinge was much more simple. If you want, I can probably snap a couple pics of it this weekend. Unless someone happens to have them laying around. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:05 am

Now that I think of it, Lorne put a TBI wagon interior in his LT1 wagon. Somehow he made it work.

Tom C.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:37 am

If you unbolt the hinges from the floor, you may be able to bolt them up to the other car without much trouble. The seat back by itself may not work, or it may be difficult.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:32 am

The middle seat, not the back. No hinges, just a pivot. On the LT1 cars, you just push in one of the pivots to remove/install the seat upper. Super easy. Anyone know how the TBI seat back goes in/out?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:57 am

I believe it is held in place by 2 large phillips head screws. They are nearly impossible to remove. #3 phillips bit.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 5:22 pm

Hmm. With the pivots on the LT1 cars, I just can't get my head around how it would be mounted with screws. I'll check my FSMs. Fred, can you post a pic for me?
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:40 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Now that I think of it, Lorne put a TBI wagon interior in his LT1 wagon. Somehow he made it work.

Tom C.

You are correct Tom. It was not easy (My friend still curses me) but he made it work.
I only realized when I bought the Roadmaster how much shorter it is.
My car is a 1A2 and we always figured that was reason my interior from the 91 was so different.
I can also remember when we installed the bucket seats. One was off center and someone told us that police cars are made that way to allow room for the computer stuff.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 8:43 pm

So... did you mount a TBI second row seat back in the LT1 car? If so, I could use some details...
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 9:00 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
So... did you mount a TBI second row seat back in the LT1 car? If so, I could use some details...

Yes, and it all works like when it was in the 91.

I don't work on my car Jason. I do remember it was a real struggle.

The third one was worse I remember,

Middle seat back interchange? LORNE395

Middle seat back interchange? LORNE009

I could take pictures of the brackets tomorrow. If you are going to the nats examine it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Middle seat back interchange?   Middle seat back interchange? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Middle seat back interchange?
Page 1 of 1