GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana

Go down 
+4
1993 Roady-man
BigBlackBeaSSt
DBeaSSt
MarkH
8 posters
AuthorMessage
MarkH

MarkH

New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Empty
PostSubject: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:27 pm

Hey All... new guy here from the far South Side of Chicago soon to be moving to Northwest Indiana. I just bought a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon w/Trailer Pkg off CL last week for $1000. It has 155K miles, Light blue with blue leather interior, everything seems to work except the rear windows. I've rolled them down once and they both fell out of their tracks... lol I'll have to take a look at them when I have time. In the mean-time, it's developed a hiccup which I've learned is probably the EGR valve... once payday gets here I'll replace it and let everyone know, maybe post a few pics etc. Thanks a looking forward to make some new friends in this awesome longroof community!

New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana -1
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 1:31 pm

Looks like a heck of a score for a grand! Nice find! How's the underside look?
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 2:21 pm

Pretty solid except the rear passenger side it's starting to rot... what sort of options do I have for that? I'm not entirely concerned about it right now, but it's only going to get worse. I haven't spent much time looking for aftermarket or replacement parts for these cars, can I get a floor pan?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:39 pm

Welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Welcome...........
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 5:01 pm

Welcome to the group and fix the rust NOW not later!
JG
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Welcome to the group and fix the rust NOW not later!
JG

Gotta find a donor car... floor pan. I did some research yesterday nobody seems to have sheet metal for these cars yet. Give it another few years and they might realize that these are going to "classics"
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 12:59 pm

Thanks everybody for the welcomes... much appreciated!!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 2:47 pm

It would be great if someone offered floor pans but I doubt it.Kinda like the gas tank straps,
the sedan has new straps available but not our wagons.
JG
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 3:16 pm

Hey you did register here, glad you found us,.. and Welcome aboard.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 4:39 pm

1993 Roady-man wrote:
Hey you did register here, glad you found us,.. and Welcome aboard.

Hard to miss it when you give me a direct link!!... lol Very Happy thanks tho and it's good to be here. I'm a graphic designer and I'm trying to come up with a logo or something to have made for our longroofs... maybe a silhouette and inside it says got wood?... I dunno yet. Trying not to cross that tacky line!!!
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 5:46 pm

Here is what we kind of used for our WF T-shirts. Wasn't exact as this but dam close.

New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Wagonfestprelim2
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 6:05 pm

Go ahead and get a lot tacky,please.
JG
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 9:38 am

Flasheroo wrote:
Go ahead and get a lot tacky,please.
JG

lol... I'll see what I can come up with...
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 1:26 pm

Welcome aboard!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeFri Aug 26, 2011 2:13 pm

Welcome! Great price for an LT1 car. Looks like a solid start. Keep the pics and updates coming. Glad to see another one saved!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
lugnutz

lugnutz

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeMon Aug 29, 2011 10:45 pm

welcome to the longroof im from chi town as well . i have a 95 chevy dcm woodie not the 1 in the pic but i have the same prolbems that u have with your wagon
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeTue Aug 30, 2011 9:47 am

lugnutz wrote:
welcome to the longroof im from chi town as well . i have a 95 chevy dcm woodie not the 1 in the pic but i have the same prolbems that u have with your wagon

Hey Lugnutz! Where abouts in Chi-Town. Im pretty far south in Park Forest. What have you tried on your wagon so far. Here's a link to the discussion I started last week and what I've done so far. I picked up a Coolant Temp Sensor that I'm going to replace the old one either tonight or tomorrow. I've uploaded a couple of videos to youtube with the diagnostics showing RPMS and how the temp gauge bounces around every time the engine misses.

gmlongroof.4umer.com/t4608-misfires-sputters-surges-etc-runs-like-a-microwaved-elephant-turd
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitimeThu Sep 01, 2011 1:58 pm

welcome aboard!
Lots of great support here.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana   New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Here from South Side Chicago/NW Indiana
Page 1 of 1