GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Wagoninabox

Wagoninabox

Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert Empty
PostSubject: Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert   Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 1:01 am

Howdy all-

Was digging around in a wrecking yard today and found identical black window switch/ashtray inserts on Park Avenues that would fit our 94-96 RMW rear doors. The cool thing is these fit exactly, but they also have cigar lighters in them! The flip open door is longer but it has the same size ashtray as what is in the wagons now; just the added cigar lighters/receptacles.

I took two of them, but could not get the entire door panels off at the yard so not sure if the wiring has to come from the dash, or if they can be spliced into the window control wiring somehow. I would only need them with the ignition on so the kiddies can charge their games and phones.

Anyone have experiance with this?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert Empty
PostSubject: Re: Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert   Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2011 9:21 pm

Check the volt amps (watts) of the systems and fuse/wire accordingly.

The window wiring is probably the heaviest, pink should be hot in run. The windows use a 30 amp circuit breaker not a fuse.
Back to top Go down

Rear wagon doors switch/ashtray insert
Page 1 of 1