GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Child seats and seatbelt replacement

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
chapel

chapel

Child seats and seatbelt replacement Empty
PostSubject: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 3:33 pm

So, two things:
1) my seatbelts are a little worn, a little frayed even. Can I get replacements?
2) need to install my child seat. I read that I need one of those locking bar things?
should I put it in the center of the rear seat?
he's forward facing now, so any suggestions on that?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:31 pm

I'd use the outside belts, so you have the shoulder strap holding the seatback on the kid seat in place in an accident. I've had two kids seats in the back of mine, the belts ratchet-lock fine.

Ah parenthood...

-Mike
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:40 pm

Ok. Thanks. figured it was saying it didn't ratchet lock based on the manual.

I might get one of these anyway:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Sunshine-Kids-Mighty-Tite-Seatbelt-Assist/10843096?sourceid=1500000000000003260330&ci_src=14110944&ci_sku=10843096
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 4:43 pm

I cannot wait for my kids to outgrow the kid seats. I'm down to one...my 9-year-old is long done, but still have my 3yr-old in them. Grow kid grow! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:11 pm

I dunno. my Recaro Baby seat is pretty rad.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:56 pm

I have a five year old in a high-back booster and a two year old in a forward-facing convertible. The seats are normally in the 2004 Grand Marquis with LATCH, and the clip was missing from the convertible seat. When I put them in the wagon for our family joy ride last weekend, I put that seat in the middle. The seats were in tight, even without tethering them from the top.

As far as the tether goes, there's a TSB that says your dealer has to install an anchor point for free. It's #99-09-40-004a. I haven't tried it yet but hope to drop by Lannan Chevrolet in the next couple of weeks to give it a shot. Has anyone else had luck getting one installed?
Back to top Go down
chapel

chapel

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 5:59 pm

that'd be interesting to know. I'd love to get a tether
those TSBs do expire though.
Back to top Go down
mp775

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 6:57 pm

This article from April 2011 still references the TSB. Hopefully the information is up to date. Also, from what I've read, most dealers will try to play dumb if you don't have the TSB number (or, better yet, the TSB).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Child seats and seatbelt replacement   Child seats and seatbelt replacement Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Child seats and seatbelt replacement
Page 1 of 1