GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Door trim ?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
kingpin

Door trim ? Empty
PostSubject: Door trim ?   Door trim ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 6:06 pm

Hello All

I purchased a pair of front door panel plastic pieces with the concert sound speakers. My question is I need to repaint these to our color and want to remove the speakers. Do they snap out or are they a permanent thing?

Thanks
Glen
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Door trim ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door trim ?   Door trim ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 8:39 pm

They are heat welded in place. You have to drill out the 4 pins to remove the speakers. If you want to reinstall the speakers, just take the top of the pins off. There is a piece of grille cloth between the speaker and bezel. Reinstalling the speakers will require carefully drilling, and tapping the posts for a small screw with a washer, or a panhead screw. Probably 2-56, 3-48, or 4-40. I would do the drilling and tapping with the speaker in place to add strength to the posts while drilling, and tapping.
Back to top Go down
kingpin

Door trim ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door trim ?   Door trim ? Icon_minitimeMon Oct 03, 2011 10:28 pm

Thank you

Glen
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Door trim ? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Door trim ?   Door trim ? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Door trim ?
Page 1 of 1