GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!

Go down 
+3
95BRMW
200OZ
BigBlackBeaSSt
7 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Empty
PostSubject: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 9:56 pm

The goal is to see deer before they are in front of me. I was going to go with a set of Hella 500's that I have in the garage, but the mounting was a challenge as I wanted them behind the grille. Between the tranny cooler on one side and the secondary hood release on the other it left no room for them.

These were an Ebay find that I had a chance to look over before I got them. Not sure what OEM application they originally had. And I could not beat the price. They are Hella lights, I believe they are the Micro DE lights. A little cloudy as there is a white film on the inside of the outer lens. I hope to address this in the future.

This is where I started.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260865155312?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2648#ht_500wt_1202

I first cut the brackets and re-painted them. I thought I could use threaded rod and ruts with 2 points of contact and get a pretty solid mount. I removed the bumper to drill the back of it. While I had it off I rust proofed the front (lower portion) of the inner fenders bumper and bumper mounts. Removed the plate bracket and installed the proper trim. And re-installed everything.

Well here is the results.

Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060014
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060013
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060012
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060011
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060010
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060009
Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! PB060008

The stock/aftermarket headlights have 80/100 bulbs with extra white bulbs. The fogs are the stock H3 55w bulbs. I may try a pair for white 55W bulbs in them.

Whatcha think!!
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:16 pm

Looks good Tim. No more front plate bracket either, nice.

Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:20 pm

One thing I DO like about PA. I hated getting hassled by NYS for a front plate.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeSun Nov 06, 2011 10:25 pm

No front plate required in PA?They are in Va and its a PITA with a lot of cars including our wagons.Thats what the cops use as an excuse to pull you when they want to screw with you.
Some cars just look hideous with a front plate and our wagons are one of them!
Jim
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 9:57 am

How well do they work Tim? My Caprice has a set of cheap walmart ones behind its grille and all they are good for is lighting the grill.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:04 am

Looks sharp!!
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:11 am

95BRMW wrote:
How well do they work Tim? My Caprice has a set of cheap walmart ones behind its grille and all they are good for is lighting the grill.

These do a good job considering they are going through the grille, As they are a projector light and a Hella to boot, they reach out fairly well. I am sure they would work better in front of the grille. Particularly in the spread. The way out reach the 80/100 bulbs in the cheapy aftermarket housings. I am going to look for whiter bulbs for them.

Tim
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:18 am

Is the Roadmaster grill plastic or metal? I mounted some fogs behind my grill and not sure if I want to run them for fear of melting my grill. Laughing
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 10:28 am

Cadet57 wrote:
Is the Roadmaster grill plastic or metal? I mounted some fogs behind my grill and not sure if I want to run them for fear of melting my grill. Laughing

It is plastic, but the lights have a clear glass lens in front of the parabolic lens and about 2" between the grille and the lights.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 6:46 pm

Looks very nice. I might consider this if the HID conversion I am planning does not help enough.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 8:52 pm

The 80/100 bulbs work better than the HID's I had............
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 11:11 pm

Cadet57 wrote:

Well only turn them on when u are driving and the airflow should keep it all cool.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!   Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Installed some fog lights on the G-PA, er the NOT ROD!!!
Page 1 of 1