GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster

Go down 
+3
brokecello
81X11
The Roadmaster
7 posters
AuthorMessage
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Empty
PostSubject: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 2:46 pm

Here's my pride and joy .. 1991 Buick Roadmaster Estate Wagon.

I purchased it from a couple that lived in Holly, MI. They were the second owners. The original owner worked for Buick in Grand Blanc, MI. He purchased the car for one reason only ... for his annual sabbatical to Florida each winter. He used all of his vacation time in the winter to warm his bones.

When he'd return to Michigan and to work he'd park the car in the garage until the next winter and the trip to Florida. Needless to say the car has few miles on it when he sold it to the second owner .. also a shop rat.

The second owner had it for one year and drove 100 miles to work one way, 200 miles a day. He owned the car for one year before he gave it to his teenage daughter for a bit. Long story short they took it away from her and I bought it. It had 101,000 on it when I took charge of the car.

I've owned her for 2 years now and wouldn't think of parting with it, although everyone has a price. I did have a great offer once but the kid wanted to put 22's on it and kickers and all of that crap. I couldn't do it, even though I would have doubled my price.

Well, enuff of the boring stuff and on with the pics.

Here she is as I purchased her:

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster P1010029

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster P1010031

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster P1010032-1

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Left

On a trip to Denver I saw an ad on Craigs listing 4 Buick Rally Wheels and caps .. $40 each. 5x5 15's. Naturally I snatched them up and brought them home. In a futile search for white sidewall tires I gave up and settled on the Firehawk 235/70/15's. After putting them on and being used to the 225/75/15 Dominators with alloy wheels I was surprised at the difference. The notorious wagon sway was drastically reduced. A very slight bit more road noise but trivial at best.

The Firehawks are twice the tire of those old Dominators and I miss them not at all! One thing I did notice is that the Firehawks take a mile or 2 to warm up and silence themselves. After that they are soooo smooth and really handle the car well. (a real tossup on the white letters out or in ... figured I'd try them outward first.)

This pic was taken at 7:00 am when the sun was blowing everything out, including my feeble photographic skills. The golf course was waiting and I really wasn't in a picture taking mood. That and it's a Blackberry pic.

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster RMWWheels

I'll add more as I can dig them up, but she's really a pretty basic car. The wheels, the vista shade for the roof window and a Delco CD player from a Skyhawk are the only additions.

In 2 years I've done the basic tune up, changed the serpentine, replaced the radiator and had the muffler replaced. Normal maintenance such as oil and filter changes, wipers & the lot are rituals of love.

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 3:49 pm

That is a beautiful color and the woodgrain only makes it better.I have a 91 OCC that I bought from the little old lady that didnt drive it.Her husband bought it off the showroom in 95 for
travel after he retireed.Unfortunately he died from cancer and the car sat in their garage.I
bought june 14th 2004 with 54788 miles showing and there are pics of it somewhere here
but I am not very computer literate and screw up things when I try to post.You did right by turning the RWL out because they really make those wheels pop.Take care of it because thats a very rare color especially in this condition.Thanks for posting those pics and I will figure out
something and get some pics posted.Also have a 95 RMW with all the goodys and that awesome
LT-1 engine,but I still like my little 305 better.Cheaper on gas and maintenance.
Thank You
Jim Gordon
Keep going back to the shots from the rear and cant get over the condition of that trim and
woodgrain.Beautiful car sir!
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeThu Dec 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks Jim. The simpler I keep it the more I like it. Someday the velour seats will be redone and beef up the keister support.

The 3rd seat is another piece I'd like to add, guess you had to request it not be added.

One last thing I'd like to see just to see it ... the center caps with the 3 color Tri-Shield. These Electra caps are cool but the red/white/blue has always appealed to me. Maybe a set for fun if the price is right!

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:04 am

That's one of my favorite colors for these cars. Very pretty! Love the Buick Road Wheels as well.

VERY NICE!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 12:51 pm

Thanks Mike. I've always liked the Buick Rally Wheels.

Looking for the black tri shield centers for them now ... just to compare, but Holy Cow do people want a fortune for them!!
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 1:44 pm

Congrats on LROM! I know its a good feeling to have the wife on board! Beautiful wagon too Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:19 pm

Sweet Wagon
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 2:52 pm

Is the trim at the bottom of your doors chrome? It looks like it in that last pic. Did you add that? I thought on Buicks it was black. I like the chrome.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:39 pm

Think thats a reflection Mike.Black in all the other pics!
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:51 pm

I believe the lower trim on the Caprice wagons is chrome...well bright polished trim. Always wondered what it would look like on the Buicks.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 5:55 pm

I have seen RMW with the caprice trim over on the SS forum and it would look great on the
above wagon with those rally wheels!
Jim
Back to top Go down
The Roadmaster

The Roadmaster

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 7:52 pm

No, it's a composite color ... not black ... just kinda there ... know what I mean?

Thanks for the compliments guys. She's going to be put away for the winter soon.

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 4:29 am

brokecello wrote:
Congrats on LROM! I know its a good feeling to have the wife on board! Beautiful wagon too Smile

Is this december's LROM?

Nick
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 7:57 am

phantom 309 wrote:
brokecello wrote:

Is this december's LROM?

Nick

No, that's Nick Danger.

Tom
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitimeWed Dec 07, 2011 9:59 pm

brokecello wrote:

Thanks. But my wagon is white. With stock rims.
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster   My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Humble Wagon ... The Roadmaster
Page 1 of 1