GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??

Go down 
+6
BigBlackBeaSSt
jayoldschool
Sprocket
94X2
buickestate
81X11
10 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Empty
PostSubject: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:14 am

One of my decals got damaged in all my tire changing on Friday. Think a cap got dropped, just noticed it yesterday.

SO I'm going to my local graphics place sometime this week to see if he can make me a new set. I know a lot of folks commented on these when I put them on. I'm thinking he might give me a discount if I ordered in bulk. Anybody interested in a set of these?

Don't know pricing yet, but have a good shop I trust to make these. If you're interested let me know so I can get an idea of how many to have made. I think I'm going to have 8 made for me, just to keep for the future.

Let me know!

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? RoadmasterCaps003

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:43 am

can he make em to fit the corvette caps on my turbine wheels?
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:47 am

I'm interested in a set.

Jon
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:03 am

I'd like a set with Oldsmobile logos, lol
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:06 am

Wow, those are the nicest ones I have seen. I'm in for a set.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:16 am

Mike,

I would like a set for my winter wheels (GM Truck Rally). The center on those is 2 9/16" So if he can cut a set to that dimension I would be interested. Not sure what the exact size he would cut for the Impala centers. Might buy a set of each for spares for the summer (Impala) wheels.

Tim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:22 am

I'll run by the graphics shop on a lunch break this week and see what he says.

I'm not sure what the exact size of the ones I have now are. Will measure and see, and ask about other sizes.

We'll see! I love these things, always get comments at the car shows. Bothers me one got scratched up.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:24 am

Subscribed, and Interested in a Set possibly two if the $$ is right
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 11:47 am

Put me down for 2 sets PLEASE!
Thanks
Jim
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 12:44 pm

post up on ISSF as well, surely you will get more takers over there as well.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 2:58 pm

Ok I stopped by the local graphics shop over lunch. It's expensive folks. I originally got these from a former wagon owner that had them made in Michigan, but the shop that did them has since closed.

I don't really think this is feasable at what they want to charge here.

Here's the deal, to "design" this on the computer they charge one hour labor. Not sure what part has to be "designed" since I walked in with the cap in my hand, but regardless, they charge and hour to build the diagram on their computer. That's $85. Once they "design" it, it's saved on their system from then on, so it can be used over and over, and the size can be changed as well, was told that's no big deal.

As for the cost of the decals once the design is saved, it's $4.95 per decal, or if you order 50 decals at once, it drops to $2.95 each.

http://signsgraphicsandbanners.com/

I'm almost ready to go to Kinkos...

-Mike
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 3:27 pm

If you order $50 that is 12 cars. Some folk (you and I ) want two sets, so that is 10 cars. So $241 + tx of $15 (not sure your local rate) plus shipping to us for 52 decals or 13 cars. So $256/12 is $21 bucks a set plus shipping ($5). The 13th set become free for you for doing all the messing around.

There is a guy who made the one's on my car and charges $25 for a set not near as intricate as those, so that is not out of line.

Of course Old, Chevy, or any other logo would get the $85 service fee added again.

My neighbor makes signs. Let me talk to him and see if he would want to do this for us. Give me a few days. Not really that close with him, but I will give him a call tonight if I can. Can you scan that cap?
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:12 pm

I sent the picture to a friend of mine that does graphics and signs, etc. He hasn't got back with a price but did say he wouldn't charge a set up fee, just for the decals.

Jon
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 4:27 pm

There's also Bewber who does this stuff too. Not sure if he does non-vinyl decals, but can't hurt to check.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:07 pm

Could also get in touch with Adam Hack. I'm getting a set of logos for my 9C1 caps....
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 6:39 pm

I'm open to ideas. Would love to fix the bad one on my car but not at $90. ($85 for the design and $5 for the decal).

Ouch!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:14 pm

If you can send me a good high res scan of the image, I might be able to get them made at my school. We have a graphics shop that does printing/vinyl.
Back to top Go down
scoob8000

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 7:36 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
Could also get in touch with Adam Hack. I'm getting a set of logos for my 9C1 caps....

I was going to order a set from Adam but never got around to it, then I was told to check out this thread.

FWIW, I think Adam charges $25 for a set of 4.

If you front the cost and order 40 (10 customers) You'd be looking at around $28.50 per customer for a set.

If you could get 13 people on the GP that would drop the price down to 18ish bucks per customer.

Is my math flawed?

If not, put me down for two sets. Smile
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 8:32 pm

scoob8000 wrote:
Cadet57 wrote:

I was going to order a set from Adam but never got around to it, then I was told to check out this thread.

FWIW, I think Adam charges $25 for a set of 4.

If you front the cost and order 40 (10 customers) You'd be looking at around $28.50 per customer for a set.

If you could get 13 people on the GP that would drop the price down to 18ish bucks per customer.

Is my math flawed?

If not, put me down for two sets. Smile

He lives!!!!
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 05, 2011 10:15 pm

Guys, there is another alternative as well Adam a.k.a MaximuSS over on the" other forum". He also has a feebay store. He does them for 20.00 a set plus 5.00 shipping. I am sure we could get a GP going with him.

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=232235&highlight=maximuss

I shot him an email in regards to this once I hear back from him I will let you know
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Maximuss

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:16 am

Hey guys. I little bird told me somebody needs some decals.
I tried to post the pic but it wont let me for 7 days as I am new

$20 for a set of 4 decals
shipping is $3 padded envelope
$4 box shipping
$6 for priority mail shipping.

I do take paypal and money orders.
It is not as fancy as the 1st one but it works.
I can make them different sizes as well.
email me ahaack@cfl . rr . com

I also make decals for the 3rd brake light for the Wagon and the headlights as well.....
Chrome trim black out kit and B-pillar kits.
I think I can still order some woodgrain vinyl as well.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:33 am

I have a set of these on my Impala wheels. They are a little simpler than Mikes. It is chrome/silver vinyl with the black and colored portion layering the sticker. Pricing is a little steep for what they are, but I am sure it takes some time to set up for small quantities.

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? DSC02932

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Buickcenter2

What would it take (how many sets) to get a group purchase?

Tim

Last edited by BigBlackBeaSSt on Tue Dec 06, 2011 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 9:59 am

My wife is going to split the cost with me to do the design setup at the local shop, so I can stay with the design I have, which I love, and have a local place to buy these when needed.

She got tired of hearing me gripe about the scratched cap and said she'd pitch in $42.50 as a Christmas gift to shut me up, so I'll be getting a set made here locally in a few weeks.

Will post how they come out, and since the design will be on file, anyone will be able to order a set for $20.

Such fun.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Maximuss

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:25 am

I also made a set of 2 color ones for Olds. Those are only $15 a set for IMpala wheels and 9C1 wheels.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:42 am

I'm curious: what are your 3rd brake light and headlight decals, Adam?
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:43 am

Got an e-mail back from my buddy, he did the same design Mike has and said $18.00 + shipping for 4, no set up

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? BUICK_ROADMASTER
Only thing I'll have to tell him is to flip one of the "Roadmaster" scripts

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 10:57 am

94X2 wrote:
Got an e-mail back from my buddy, he did the same design Mike has and said $18.00 + shipping for 4, no set up

Jon

SWEET!!!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:01 am

Ok I'm in for those once the Roadmaster script is flipped. My wife was going to give me $42.50....that'll cover two sets plus shipping! cheers

Thanks all! Ha!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:20 am

I let him know it needs flipped. Best way is just e-mail him, his name is Joe. Addr is
sign4sale@aol.com just put "Roadmaster" in the subject line.

Jon
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:35 am

E-mail sent. Thanks again!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Maximuss

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:49 am

Stingroo wrote:
I'm curious: what are your 3rd brake light and headlight decals, Adam?

I make stock and custom decals that go on top of the headlights and the sides. The Impala SS had black strips on top. I do them in colors and custom logos and lettering inside. Also have black decals that cover the 3rd brake light with the BUICK or BUICK GS or custom lettering that lights up when the brake light comes on.
Back to top Go down
Maximuss

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 06, 2011 11:51 am

I also make the Roadmaster airdam decals and side scripts. IN the Impala Font or normal fonts.
And I make t-shirts as well.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:06 am

94X2 wrote:

Jon

I just ordered a set of these decals from your buddy Joe. Hope he remembers to turn the Roadmaster script over. Wink

Will post how they look when they come in. Thanks again for reaching out to him for me!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Maximuss

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:26 am

Shouldnt the Center shield be Silver not white?
Also I dont understand Flipping Roadmaster?
You want the bottom one to be upside down?
I think I am getting it...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 11:30 am

Maximuss wrote:
Shouldnt the Center shield be Silver not white?
Also I dont understand Flipping Roadmaster?
You want the bottom one to be upside down?
I think I am getting it...

The center one should be white, yes. And the bottom one is only upside down when the wheel is upside down. ; )

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? RoadmasterCaps003

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? RoadmasterGS005

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:29 pm

Adam,can I see what the Olds stickers look like?
Thanks
Jim
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:32 pm

Mike,your wheels look almost white in this last picture.Are they always that spotless?
Jim
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 09, 2011 3:52 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Mike,your wheels look almost white in this last picture.Are they always that spotless?
Jim

Of course....it doesn't rain here!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??   Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some?? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Roadmaster/Impala Center Cap Decals....anyone want some??
Page 1 of 1