GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Astro cap question. Which lugs?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

Astro cap question. Which lugs? Empty
PostSubject: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 05, 2012 10:44 pm

Hey guys. Bought a set of 98 astro caps with the stock astro lug covers. I was wondering what lug nuts I need to buy to use with the stock lug covers, and my wheel. Anyone have an idea? Thanks.

(http://www.hubcaps-wheelcovers.com/photo/IMG_3740_1.JPG)
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:04 am

if i'm not mistaking I think you can use the same lugs that the astro used to mount them. I just bought some New chrome covers i'm not going to use,... when you get your lug nuts. $24 shipped for the covers if your intertested. I'll get a pix.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:09 am

I'm not going to use the chrome caps because they sit to high on the truck rallye cap,.. which you can see from pix. They would be perfect for your cap since they have a deeper lug area.

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t4736-truck-rallye-resto
Back to top Go down
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:15 pm

Thanks for the offer Roady, but I have the stock caps and I'm trying to do this on the ultra cheap. I guess the question now is will the stock Astro lugs fit fine on my wheels. I am assuming so.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:55 pm

Astro lugs come up as 14x1.5. Your wagon uses 12x1.5 so they won't fit.

Back to top Go down
Deadmanonduty

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:29 pm

I ended up with S-10 lug nuts and like camaro or corvette caps from ebay. But my wheels are a little different most likely, but same concept.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 10:54 pm

Ray if those S-10 lugnuts are working on Deadmans wagon then his wheelstuds are 12x1.5mm.
Jim
Back to top Go down
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 12:51 am

Thanks for the input guys. Tracking down this stuff is a PITA. Wish the yards around here just kept the damn wheels on the cars lol.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:20 pm

I really wish I had taken pics of what I did. So simple it hurt.

Guess I need to hit up the yards for some caps and make a how to.
Back to top Go down
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 5:23 pm

Ok since the astro lug covers are too big for the FWD impala lugs. I found these http://www.ebay.com/itm/FREE-SHIPPING-NEW-PONTIAC-GRAND-PRIX-CHROME-LUG-NUT-COVERS-/130605806507?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&vxp=mtr&hash=item1e68b673ab#ht_672wt_905 which I think is what david chugg used on his wheels, along with the fwd impala lugs.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 3:48 pm

Hey just worked on a 2003 malibu and it has the lugs and caps you need.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 11, 2012 5:03 pm

I have a set of these centers if anybody wants a set. Bought them off ebay and never used them. I paid $39, but $25 shipped and they are yours.
Back to top Go down
Porkwagon

Porkwagon

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 12, 2012 3:30 pm

Thanks roady! Will check them out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Astro cap question. Which lugs?   Astro cap question. Which lugs? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Astro cap question. Which lugs?
Page 1 of 1