GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics

Go down 
+6
Sprocket
phantom 309
Krzdimond
mtrhead79
Bewber
Boss Hogg
10 posters
AuthorMessage
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Empty
PostSubject: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:49 pm

Well my longroof story started back in November 2009 when I got my 99 GMC Suburban 4x4, it is a Startcraft Conversion so it has a TV/VCR and limo lights was pretty cool back then. But it has nice leather interior, with a Vortec 5.7 chevy 350, when I got it, it only had 130,000 miles and now it has about 142,000. I love my Suburban and it took me 2 years to find the one I wanted, when I got it I was a Sophomore in High School.

Here it is when I brought it home November 18, 2009. Got it for $5000
I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 310I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 113
This is what it looks like now
I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 02810I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 03310I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 03710I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics 05910
Now I am a Senior in High School and I am also going to community college for Automotive Technology. I started looking for my wagon back in September last year, I always liked these wagons since i was younger, but i started actively looking to buy one. with a few looked at I found one I liked but it sold before I could buy it so I posted an ad on craigslist looking for a Buick Roadmaster Wagon, and about 3 weeks after I got a text about a 95 Buick Roadmaster Wagon that the owner wanted to sell. it had 144,000 miles on it, it also had some work done, it had a new opti spark, new water pump, new starter, and 2 new tires, it also has leather interior that is in decent shape. I went and looked at it the day before thanksgiving, after test driving it I really wanted it, it needs some minor work but nothing major and I was up for a new project. after negotiating I was agreed to pick it up after the first of the year for $1100.

So this is it when I brought it home January 3rd This Year.I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure14I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure13I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Tn10
Here it is after I cleaned it up a little bit
I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure15I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure10I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure12I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Secure11

So it is going to be an ongoing project but I will post more as I go along.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:54 pm

Welcome.

Cool truck, decent car, weak forum name. Razz
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 8:58 pm

welcome, you already figured out how to fit in. pictures are everyones sweet spot around here
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:01 pm

welcome!

What's up with the antenna? Does it still work?
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:05 pm

Yea I know my username is weak but unfortunately I have to admit my mom stumbled upon this forum one day and set up my profile.

Yes my antenna still works, its just broken at the bottom so the previous owner taped it up so it wouldn't flop around.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:24 pm

PM me a name you could be proud of, and I'll change it.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:31 pm

Welcome to the group young man and you sure have good taste in vehicles.Like both your picks
but of course the wagon is my favorite.Your wagon will quickly replace the suburban because of the gas mileage and better performance as well.We need more young blood so when you need
help just ask and someone will help you out.Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question
unless you dont ask it.Get to work on picking a better username and thank mom because they always mean well.
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:49 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
PM me a name you could be proud of, and I'll change it.

Ok as soon as I think of a good one I will let you know
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:52 pm

Robert, I'd be proud if you named him "Momma's Lil Wagon Kook"
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 9:53 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Welcome to the group young man and you sure have good taste in vehicles.Like both your picks
but of course the wagon is my favorite.Your wagon will quickly replace the suburban because of the gas mileage and better performance as well.We need more young blood so when you need
help just ask and someone will help you out.Remember there is no such thing as a stupid question
unless you dont ask it.Get to work on picking a better username and thank mom because they always mean well.

Thanks for making me feel welcome, and yes I have already started driving the wagon more I have put 1000 miles on it in about a month
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 pm

Bewber wrote:

I could always change yours to: 55378008
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:09 pm

If anyone has a good profile name let me know
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:16 pm

that is something only you can determine
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:20 pm

young gun, wagon high (account of being in high school)
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 10:28 pm

piskerwilly,.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:08 pm

I hope your dog isn't named Toto.

Welcome aboard and nice rides. My first vehicle was a 1970 K5 Blazer and now I'm a wagon nut (have a couple) so I totally understand where you are coming from.

Good folks on here with a lot of knowledge. Congrats on picking up a collectible muscle wagon. Your friends may laugh now, but you'll get the last laugh when you pin them to the back of the seats, lol.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:09 pm

Nice vehicles! I like your wagon best, but of course I may be biased, lol. '95 was the lowest production year for the RMWs; only about 5,000. I do like your Suburban though, nice two-toned look. You have any pics of the interior of the 'burb? Never seen one done up by a conversion company.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeSun Feb 12, 2012 11:37 pm

Welcome and nice looking vehicles there. The hood goes great on the Suburban.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:57 am

Welcome! Hard to beat big wagons and big GM trucks!

Glad you found us and hope you stay a while!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 10:59 am

Krzdimond wrote:
Bewber wrote:

I could always change yours to: 55378008

do it for a day!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:04 am

Sprocket wrote:
I hope your dog isn't named Toto.

Welcome aboard and nice rides. My first vehicle was a 1970 K5 Blazer and now I'm a wagon nut (have a couple) so I totally understand where you are coming from.

Good folks on here with a lot of knowledge. Congrats on picking up a collectible muscle wagon. Your friends may laugh now, but you'll get the last laugh when you pin them to the back of the seats, lol.
Got a good laugh from that one John when you said you had a couple of wagons!
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:54 am

hey welcome boss hogg see you picked a new name. are you a dukes of hazzard fan?
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 11:58 am

Ha! I love it.
I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Bosshogg1
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:02 pm

to bad i cant spell rosco's laugh here is a try koo koo koo
Back to top Go down
Boss Hogg

Boss Hogg

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitimeMon Feb 13, 2012 12:26 pm

mtrhead79 wrote:
hey welcome boss hogg see you picked a new name. are you a dukes of hazzard fan?

Yea I'm a big Dukes of Hazzard fan
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics   I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I'm new to the forum and thought I would share some pics
Page 1 of 1