GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Lynol

Lynol

WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Empty
PostSubject: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeThu Feb 16, 2012 8:42 am

Finding a hitch has proven harder than finding a wagon... My step-Dad is willing to pay decent money plus shipping if someone has a good one they'd like to sell. Doesn't have to be cherry, just not rusted out. Any full size GM wagon hitch from '77 to '96 will work I believe.
Back to top Go down
rkmdogs

rkmdogs

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 11:48 am

Lynol wrote:
Finding a hitch has proven harder than finding a wagon... My step-Dad is willing to pay decent money plus shipping if someone has a good one they'd like to sell. Doesn't have to be cherry, just not rusted out. Any full size GM wagon hitch from '77 to '96 will work I believe.

I just saw a post from someone looking for a trailer hitch for their wagon.

So, here is my info---- again!

I bought my hitch in January last year fron Hitches to Go. Their website is: www.Hitchestogo.com
Their telephone number is: 866-744-4282

I ordered a Reese #41509, but none were available, so they substituted a DrawTite #33007, which
is the same identical hitch, just a different nameplate!
At that time the price was $217.67, including the shipping.
Give them a call!

Yes, they are getting harder to find!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 3:52 pm

I checked their site, they don't have any hitches listed for the wagons besides class II's. What my step-Dad has been finding by calling places is that nearly everyone just drop ships from the manufacturer; no one actually has stock. Reese and Draw-tite stopped making them but none of the stores seem to know that. Most places have it listed, but when they try to order it, it comes back discontinued. I told him to call every Uhaul he feels like driving to, but it seems the best bet would be a used one.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 5:21 pm

Lynol,

Nab has one in Maryland. I could pick it up for you and store it behind the shed until we can get together.

LMK

Tim

http://www.impalassforum.com/vBulletin/showthread.php?t=269297
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeFri Feb 17, 2012 7:49 pm

Ha, I just saw that post. Sent him a PM and asked if he would ship it at one of those drop-off pack and mail type places. If not, I may have to talk to you Tim! Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitimeSat Feb 18, 2012 11:55 pm

Looks like the search is over, phew... Nab was willing to ship for a reasonable price, so I paid him and it'll soon be on it's way. Thanks Tim for the offer, but it worked out, although I would love to take a ride it your "new" wagon! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon   WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WTB: Class III 2-inch trailer hitch for wagon
Page 1 of 1