GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hello from the north of Germany

Go down 
+5
JoeT
Lynol
jimbeau
lakeffect
Mike Transatlantic
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Mike Transatlantic

Mike Transatlantic

Hello from the north of Germany Empty
PostSubject: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:38 am

Hi @ all!

My name is Michael and I live in a small town in the north of Germany. I drive Chevy's since more than 10 years and all started with an 88er Caprice Classic Station Wagon which I owned for ten years. Unfortunately I sold him because my nowaday ex-wife made me to sell him. From that time on, I tried to became happy with these minivans like Montana, Windstar and so on. In 2008 I bought a Chevy G20 Starcraft GT , which I sold last year for good money, to buy a Caprice Station again. This time it was an 95 Caprice Classic LT1. I love this car. When I bought the Caprice, I would have never imagine that it is so difficult to get aftermarket parts for this car.

Hope to meet a lot of people loving the B-Bodys as much as I do.

Keep on crusin

Michael

[img]Hello from the north of Germany Img_6513[/img]
[img]Hello from the north of Germany Img_6514[/img]
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 8:20 am

Welcome to the Forum.

What type of aftermarkets parts are you looking for?
If you let us know what you have in mind, perhaps we can recommend some sources to you for those parts.

Dave.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:04 am

Welcome, our German friend!
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:05 am

Welcome. Nice wagon! Looks like it was brought over and converted?
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:12 am

Welcome, Michael.
That's a good looking Caprice!
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:18 pm

Welcome, from southern Canada!
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 12:33 pm

welcome from central Michigan!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 7:20 pm

Welcome Michael from the great state of Virginia.Good looking wagon and what size are those
exhaust pipes?They look huge in the picture.Its a shame the wife didnt go before your first
wagon had to go.There are some here with wives who dont care for our wagons but they know
better.Looks like you enjoy caravanning too.
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:20 pm

Welcome!!

I spent 9 years in Germany with the Army and 2 years in Bremerhaven when is was under US control back in 90-92. We closed the post in Garlstedt.

If I remember correctly, A27 is flat and straight! Perfect for running FAST!

We can get most parts you may need or want. Just ask.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 9:59 pm

Welcome. Anywhere near Kiel? We had an exchange student from that area.

Nice looking caprice. As Robert said, let us know what you need.

Tim
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:02 pm

Welcome from Africa!
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:11 pm

Is Africa a subdivision of Detroit?

Wait.... Don't answer that.....
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:20 pm

ZIIIING!

Also, don't listen to Jim Gordon. Virginia's a commonwealth, son.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeWed Feb 29, 2012 11:23 pm

Cute John,hows about the great commonwealth of Virginia!
Back to top Go down
Mike Transatlantic

Mike Transatlantic

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:11 am

Hi @ all!!

Many thanks for the warm welcome. Indeed the A27 is straight flat. Unfortunately my Caprice is limited to 170 km/h, at least he doesn't go faster!!

Well, I live in Brake a small town along the river Weser. I work in Bremerhaven.

My Caprice was imported in 2011, I am the first owner in Germany, prior that he was registered in Florida and was produced in Arlington, TX.

He only has 65.tmls on the Odometer and runs clean. The roof liner needs some work and some minor rust outside. Unfortunately there are some minor electrical defects, like the horn doesn't work, the back flash light pass.side works only from time to time, the wires for the rearview mirrow were cut, i do not know who did it, but I could beat the person.

Can anybody tell me, how i get the taillamp removed?? I am afraid of breaking the house, that s way i am looking for some in spare, just in case, but unfortnately there are only one for the sedans available. I would like to get some customs taillamps.
Gasoline Greetings
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 8:25 am

Hey Mike. The tail lamp housings are held in by two Phillips head screws on the side, and one big plastic wing nut behind the light. You can access it only by pulling off the spare tire cover on the passenger's side or the panel with the storage box on the driver's side.
Back to top Go down
Mike Transatlantic

Mike Transatlantic

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 10:29 am

Hey Lynol,

thanks. I thought their must be a trick!! But even the Haynes didn't show the station, just the sedan.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello from the north of Germany   Hello from the north of Germany Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hello from the north of Germany
Page 1 of 1