GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

i find myself at a crossroads

Go down 
+4
lakeffect
jimbeau
Lynol
a1awind
8 posters
AuthorMessage
a1awind

a1awind

i find myself at a crossroads Empty
PostSubject: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

i have 2 options here.

1. go to the daytona wagonfest. (A. drive down in TiKi or B. fly down and rent a car...which is actually cheaper) and hang out with sting, flash gumby, sprocket and pat. hang on the beach... (and some of you folks know what a beach-tard i am). but not go to the rest of the car stuff over the summer save for maybe carlisle and my local shows.

OR

2. skip Daytona this year, go to WFNY and Michigan. i would be rolling solo to WFNY scoob8000 would be going with me to michigan.
plus side of michigan... getting to hang with bewber, crovo, jimbeau, and nick (maybe lorne?)
bad side of michigan... i dont race TiKi. so really apart from the cruises. its a whole lot of expense for really not a lot.
i also didnt get along with a lot of the impala guys. (i agree i am an acquired taste) and it was not a very chill event. there was almost too much going on.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:49 pm

Daytona. First drink's on me. Smile
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeThu Mar 01, 2012 9:51 pm

Hmmmm... tough call. I do have to say I wish I'd gone to Daytona for last years show. Especially with the winter we had last year. I'm going this year 'cause I've decided to make a week vacation out of it, and see some friends down on the gulf side. Then of course, WF NY is the classic; not much of a tourist destination though, but also a lot closer to you than Florida. I hope we will have good attendance again this year. Decisions, decisions...
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:00 am

It was nice to meet you last summer, Ian. Good to see Scoob & Jess too.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 7:48 am

Geneva would be a heck of a lot less expensive.
Back to top Go down
lornejay1

lornejay1

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 6:18 pm

No Detroit for us this year Ian,WFNY if we do anything with the Wagon.
Back to top Go down
Bewber

Bewber

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 8:57 pm

So you're calling the Woodward Dream Cruise being held at the same time as Impala SS Nationals "a whole lot of expense for really not a lot" - but you're FINE with wagonfest NY being what IT is? Uhhhhh, OK Ian. Rolling Eyes

You may also recall that FMA and I only made it to hang out with you peeps one night, and we didn't get there until well after midnight. It'd be cool to cross paths again, but please don't make any part of your decision using Bewber time as a determining factor. Hell I was TRYING very hard to get down there and party last year and barely made it.

If it were me, and my choices were to go to places I'd already been but didn't become besties with the natives, or to check out a new show and hang out at the beach and be a beach nerd because that's my thing, I'd go be a beach nerd.

But what do I know. I got to wagonfest a day early last year and almost didn't make it to wagonfest.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:10 pm

yeah pat suggested the cheap way to do flint....i may consider it closer to the time. but i am gonna go to daytona
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 10:30 pm

I'll be at Daytona too, but it seems you don't wanna hang out with the likes of me.... lol

Seriously, You going to drive or fly? No shame in renting a ricemobile, you can leave it at the hotel and ride in with one of us.
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:01 pm

Krzdimond wrote:
I'll be at Daytona too, but it seems you don't wanna hang out with the likes of me.... lol

Seriously, You going to drive or fly? No shame in renting a ricemobile, you can leave it at the hotel and ride in with one of us.

you kidding! i forgot you were going rob. between you and pat going...the fact you can drive on the beach...and rays practically begging me.. i had to go.
i looked into flying...flights were reasonable but rental car with flight.....not so much
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:07 pm

You could always do what Pat did. Fly down, buy a wagon, and drive back.... Just a thought.... Cool
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeFri Mar 02, 2012 11:14 pm

The Pat method... rather effective. lol
Back to top Go down
a1awind

a1awind

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 9:05 am

cant pull a pat or a crovo.

1. I have a wife that is nowhere as supportive or maybe indifferent as Carrie-lynn Crovo.

2. Pat doesn't have kids. just a habit. whereas i have kids and a habit.

the only reason TiKi isn't my daily driver is because mike talked my wife into letting me get a salt car. which i have tried to upgrade every time i get rid of one. i.e. shitty toyota for caprice sedan with soft floors for F150 with shakey 300ci six. that got totaled...i swapped its remains and $400 for the TBI wagon i currently drive. which i hope to sell in the fall and get a brand new car...maybe a Buick Verano if i can afford it. i just need something that gets in the 30mpg range. unless diesel bill has something stashed that he is willing to sell, that rules out another b body.
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitimeSat Mar 03, 2012 11:01 am

For 2/3s the price of a Verano, you could do a body off restoration of vitually any B/D car, drop in a Duramax/4L80, get 40+ MPG and blow the doors off anything else out there. That plus it will still be running when the Verano is gasping it's last breath and be something you like to drive.

Now if the industry would regain it's senses and bring the cost of diesel back down to the levels it was, relative to gas, before they decided to sell fuel by the BTU instead of by the gallon Evil or Very Mad

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: i find myself at a crossroads   i find myself at a crossroads Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

i find myself at a crossroads
Page 1 of 1