GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My garage find.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 7:55 pm

Ive been looking for another gm long roof for months now. hard to find a rust free one here in NYC. Lost my 92 caprice wagon, 92 RMW. 99 Ford windstar, thank God I hate fords, and my hot rod 83 monte carlo, all in this year. no luck.

Needed a car I can take my little girl around right away, so I found this cheap thing. 600 dollar 86 cavalier. It looks like it came out a factory in 1986. no rust not even a scratch anywhere. I heard about the car from the girl that does my tattoos. she says its been in the garage for years but started and moved alot to keep it from going bad. It even has a battery cut of lever. had to see it. drove it away as soon as i seen it.

50xxx miles, all paper work of things done to it. not a classic, nor cool looking. but I respected it because I am in the east cost and they are hard to find in this shape. plus, I think I am the only one that has one in NYC, because these rusted away fast!

P.S not leaving this site because I love GM long roofs and Ill get more in time to come. and no I didnt put the club on the wheel. i dont think anyone will steel it lol. these pics where sent to me from my friend before I saw it.

My garage find. 42596610
My garage find. 40919010
My garage find. 60724_10
My garage find. 26778810
My garage find. 28229810
Back to top Go down

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:04 pm

Car looks very very nice,hard to believe its managed to stay rust free for all these years.Find a
set of Cimarron leather seats and make that cavalier into a Caddy!
Back to top Go down

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 9:16 pm

My knees hit the wheel as it is lol. thinking of flipping it after the winter..
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:27 pm

Nice find!!! Looks clean!! wow..

My daily driver is a '88 Cavalier. Just drove it 200 miles yesterday for a work trip...32mpg from that 2.0. Gonna take it on a 800+ trip later this month.
They drive like little gocarts Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 10:44 pm

Yea I was thinking it drove like a golf cart. I think there fun to drive.
Back to top Go down

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 11:09 pm

This is awesome. Well-preserved common cars are just fun to see.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:22 pm

yup, nice score. I've been secretly looking for a cavi wagon in the good shape el cheapo range for some time now, but haven't come up with one yet.

I drove many of the sedans back in the early 90s as rental cars and they were fun to beat on in snowy wet parking lots pirat
Back to top Go down
uxwbill

uxwbill

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 3:40 pm

Holy crap, that's awesome! I don't think most of those cars got any love at all, and the ones I rode around in were all well past worn out.

It's nice to see that a few of those have survived. There are three not far from here, two are little old lady cars...a second-gen Cavalier sedan that looks brand new and an equally clean Celebrity "little longroof" wagon with a 3.1 V6. I'd like to get my hands on that little Celebrity wagon and keep it nice. Perhaps I should make that known. It'd go well with the big one, as it is the same color.

The third is a Celebrity sedan that sits outside all the time and is a daily driver. The paint has gone blotchy, but it is still rust free and the owner keeps it clean.
Back to top Go down
http://greyghost.mooo.com/

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 02, 2012 4:25 pm

the Z24's where always on my to get list. 1st and 2nd gen.

Know what sucks? I cant drive it because the DMV are closed because of sandy.

My garage find. 3m13l410
600 cheap. but beat up.
http://newyork.craigslist.org/brk/cto/3361175430.html
Back to top Go down

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 9:44 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Car looks very very nice,hard to believe its managed to stay rust free for all these years.Find a
set of Cimarron leather seats and make that cavalier into a Caddy!

Wow! I thought you was joking. I never herd of a 1986 Cadillac Cimarron. looks just like my car. what were they thinking
My garage find. 61881110
Back to top Go down

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitimeMon Nov 05, 2012 11:34 pm

Pretty sure that it came with the same engine that you have, as a basic package!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

My garage find. Empty
PostSubject: Re: My garage find.   My garage find. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My garage find.
Page 1 of 1