GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!

Go down 
+5
jimbeau
Fred Kiehl
Cadet57
Olds Weighty Eight
WagonLover
9 posters
AuthorMessage
WagonLover

WagonLover

The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Empty
PostSubject: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 3:32 pm

The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! IMG_1375
The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! IMG_1374

No heat fopr like two weeks!.. finally found the problem.. before i went and ripping the bottom of my heater core cover off i tested this little bastard!.. you have to take out your heating/a/c electonic unit out.. paint in the tushie to get too!! got a new for like 75bucks from B&I. Not the cheapest thing but not bad for having heat agian.. you dont relize how much you cherish heat till its gone!
Back to top Go down
https://www.photobucket.com/wagonlover
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeThu Mar 08, 2012 1:21 pm

WagonLover wrote:
paint in the tushie

Yikes! That doesn't sound good. Razz
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 7:55 pm

Thats great... but what is this? Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeFri Mar 09, 2012 9:44 pm

If you look real carefully at the top of the page, it says blend door actuator.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:35 am

My Chebby uses the reliable old school cable. So there.
Back to top Go down
MarkH

MarkH

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 11:16 am

I just bought one too... looks like autozone ripped me off tho... mine was $135... I just got it in the mail last week and now that it's a balmy 65 I don't think I'm gonna have to worry about it 'til next winter!!
Back to top Go down
http://DesignsbyMarkonline.net
zamboni920

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeTue May 08, 2012 3:58 pm

This little, but hard to find (reasonably) piece, can usually be found cheaper at a junkyard. Wagons and sedan got them both, I believe. It does exactly what its name indicates, blend hot and cold air, so you can adjust it to your comfort. Usually bad actuator = cold air.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 4:28 pm

Yes they are in the sedans. I have passed a few in the yards, maybe I should pull a spare.
Back to top Go down
zamboni920

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun May 13, 2012 8:45 pm

I replaced mine on my '95 BRMW a while back. Same symptoms, cold air only. After i put in the new one, I tested it by watching the round hole via an inspection mirror as I cranked the heat all the way up, then down again. The bushing in the hole will turn as it operates.
If you suspect yours is bad, this is a good way to check it. If it does not turn, it is bad (or bad connection).
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 10:14 am

So I take it this is the same part for 91—96 the heat totally died in my 96 this morning there is a 92 I could get to easy..........lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitimeSun Oct 07, 2012 1:32 pm

roadmastercouple wrote:
So I take it this is the same part for 91—96 the heat totally died in my 96 this morning there is a 92 I could get to easy..........lol

Be nice Mike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!   The cause of no heat!!!!!!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The cause of no heat!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1