GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

saggy azz end question

Go down 
+5
jimbeau
1993 Roady-man
phantom 309
toomanytoyz
waynes91
9 posters
AuthorMessage
waynes91

waynes91

saggy azz end question Empty
PostSubject: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 11:28 am

i had person come in to azone he has a few caprices wagons and rm, he ask me what to do about the sagging rear, he had air shocks but blew them out/ he doesnt like them,he tried spring shops, no help, i was a lost for words,i had no clue how to answer the question,in fact i never thought that far ahead,i figured maybe air bag type springs,and wasnt sure if coil over shocks would do the trick,he didnt want to use those coil spring spacer,he does have a tow hitch on it but dont know if he uses it(i put dibs on it if he was getting rid of it lol )so looking at mine, i was thinking ,yeah what would u do theres alot of over hang there, i was baffled, and he doesnt own a computer, just wondering your guys opinions .. always try to give a fellow b owner a helpful answer tia
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 12:42 pm

Taller rear springs or lower front springs. Wink
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:14 pm

waynes91 wrote:
,he tried spring shops, no help,

There's an overload (catch the joke there?) of information regarding rear springs for our wagons,
spring shop no help?? strange,......these will hold up the most weight

spring air bags

Nick
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:37 pm

I used Bilstien shocks with New springs to lift my azz back up. Brought it up 1-1/2 and still is staying at that height.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 1:42 pm

The easiest way is a set of air shocks. You can 'taylor' your ride height with them. The mistake most people make with them is not keeping at least 10 or 20 pounds of pressure in them. Without pressure, the rubber boots do ten times the flexing that they would normally do, and end up destroying the boots.

@Roady-Man: Fine lookin' ride.
Back to top Go down
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 3:32 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
waynes91 wrote:
,he tried spring shops, no help,

There's an overload (catch the joke there?) of information regarding rear springs for our wagons,
spring shop no help?? strange,......these will hold up the most weight

spring air bags

Nick

Airlift 1000's are the way to go!!! My 216k mile stocker's work great with the bags. NO issues.
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSat Mar 10, 2012 9:57 pm

thanks for the quick replies . i see him around town now and then, he did mention air bags for the springs he was going to jc whintey to check it out, ill ask him about reg air shocks and see if he ran them with the right amt of air pressure etc. you know some people arent to savvy when it comes to some things (along with being cheap) hate to say it but not having a computor around, how can u function now a days (i had no problems 30 +yrs ago, but not now)

yeah i was surprised to about the spring shops too, but then it may be the way he ask them to ,dont know some people can be jerks (and store owners )
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 12:55 am

I personally like to put in cargo coils in the back to raise it up a little. It gives it a little forward rake which looks good to me and even with a decent load it only gets to about level.

All of my wagons since around 1980 I have done that to. I also added the air bags to my Electra Estate but for some reason I really didn't care for them, I just don't remember why but I never put them in my 92 Roady which I got next.Those were all my work cars which at times I loaded quite heavy with close to 3000# cargo at times and a 1000+ quite a few.

On my current wagon it will never see the loads my others did but I still like the feel and drive of the cargo coils and for the price it was a no-brainer for me on this one to cure a slightly sagging rear.

Here are a couple pics of the before and after the install. I don't have quite the same shots but it raised the back about 1~1.5" at the rear wheel opening.

saggy azz end question Wgn-frt-rt

saggy azz end question Wgn-side

saggy azz end question 11-11-5

saggy azz end question 11-11-3
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 8:43 am

I love how those smoked headlights really set off you ride Ancient_1
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 10:19 am

and I am real picky about aftermarket wheels, but I like those.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 1:54 pm

Paint your drums black!!!! Smile
Back to top Go down
Ancient_1

Ancient_1

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 2:13 pm

Hey I like the color of rust. Actually in the next couple weeks I have a lot of things I have to do which includes brakes. For the drums along with quite a bit of the underside of the car I have some rust bullet planed with a top coat of blackshell.

saggy azz end question Rust-003
Back to top Go down
waynes91

waynes91

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeSun Mar 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Ancient_1 wrote:
Hey I like the color of rust. Actually in the next couple weeks I have a lot of things I have to do which includes brakes. For the drums along with quite a bit of the underside of the car I have some rust bullet planed with a top coat of blackshell.

saggy azz end question Rust-003

i used that stuff on the frame etc on the 91, held up pretty good so far been about 3-4 years
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 12:28 am

How does it compare to POR-15?
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 10:18 am

Man I usually just paint my brake drums with high-heat engine spray paint or BBQ paint. Lasts forever here.

Back to the point of the thread, I love the variable-rate coil springs I put on my Roady. At first it was too high, but now that they've settled a bit I really like them, and it's much better than stock.

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitimeMon Mar 12, 2012 8:42 pm

CC623 will do the trick nicely. Love mine and the ride has not changed at all from stock. Just brought her butt back up where it should be.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: saggy azz end question   saggy azz end question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

saggy azz end question
Page 1 of 1