GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Class II Hitch on Craigslist.

Go down 
+5
Cadet57
jimbeau
phantom 309
95BRMW
BigBlackBeaSSt
9 posters
AuthorMessage
BigBlackBeaSSt

BigBlackBeaSSt

Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Empty
PostSubject: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:25 am

Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:39 pm

For those interested, you can still get these from U-haul for under $90. The class III ones are the impossible to find ones.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 5:43 pm

any pictures of these hitches that are so desirable??

nick
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:24 pm

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 6:34 pm

95BRMW wrote:
For those interested, you can still get these from U-haul for under $90. The class III ones are the impossible to find ones.

Not according to their website. No Mad
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 9:52 pm

Cadet57 wrote:
95BRMW wrote:

Not according to their website. No Mad
As of a month and a half ago, over the phone everyplace (including U-haul's Hitch Central in AZ) my step-Dad called looking for a Class III tried to offer him a class II instead. He found there are something like 3 manufacturers still making class II's for the wagons. One of the manufacturers was Kurt, don't remember the others.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeThu Apr 19, 2012 10:08 pm

Odd. Back in like february I went to their site to price up a hitch and it wouldn't even give me the class 2.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:49 am

jimbeau wrote:
Yeah. Here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

post makes no sense.

do you have a picture of a class three hitch for a 91-96 wagon?

i have some wagon hitches,. i know nothing of them,.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:51 am

A class 3 hitch will have a 2" receiver, Nick.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: draw-tite 41509 Class III hitch   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:53 am

Class II Hitch on Craigslist. DeamOCC4MAR2012012
http://mudflaps.com/i-6334434-draw-tite-41509-class-iii-iv-max-e-loader-trailer-hitch.html

Try this website for a photo of the elusive Class III hitch for our wagons. I lucked out and found a new old stock at a closed GM dealer, that had not been mounted. It is a Draw-tite 41509. When they were available the same number was on the Reese hitches too.
If the link above does not work try a search for [draw-tite 41509 install].
Good luck.
Dick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:55 am

jimbeau wrote:
Yeah. Here:

https://www.google.com/search?q=google&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

post makes no sense^^^

Class II Hitch on Craigslist. 33007

looks like it could be made easily enough,. made by reese 330007
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 8:50 am

phantom 309 wrote:
jimbeau wrote:
Yeah. Here:

post makes no sense^^^

Class II Hitch on Craigslist. 33007

looks like it could be made easily enough,. made by reese 330007

It's actually a little different than that. When I was looking, I tried to find a pic of what an un-mounted wagon hitch looks like and couldn't. Seems most sites just have a "representative" picture. The good news is it's actually simpler than that one. The bar w/ the receiver is almost flat, and "tabs" on the sides are smaller and on the bottom of the hitch. I have one unmounted at home, I'll put up a pic after work so you and others can keep an eye out for them.
Back to top Go down
straitjacket68

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:10 pm

not trying to get off topic here but i happen to have a u haul class 3 receiver. it was on large marge when i got her. problem is is that it is so low. i have moved my boat around and where it mates together there is only 6-8 inches of ground clearaNCE. should i go with a 6 inch "riser"? will it be too high?
billy
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:29 pm

looks easy enough to fab up
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 12:42 pm

One or two people over the years have posted up pics of their 'custom' class IV's, where the receiver comes out of the middle of the bumper. I always liked them, because of the low ground clearance problem.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:33 pm

Anyone near Arizona up here? I emailed uhaul about a class III and they offered to fabricate a free one for the wagon if you let them use it to design a hitch at some facility in Arizona. I find it funny that they need to develop a new one when they use to sell these things.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah I got the same invite when I inquired today. Weird.
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:15 pm

Nick, here's a pic of a Class III wagon hitch...
Class II Hitch on Craigslist. C3wago10
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitimeFri Apr 20, 2012 7:33 pm

Lynol wrote:
Nick, here's a pic of a Class III wagon hitch...
Class II Hitch on Craigslist. C3wago10

That thing was bigger than the VW it somehow was stuffed into. Laughing

I was surprised how freaking large that thing is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Class II Hitch on Craigslist.   Class II Hitch on Craigslist. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Class II Hitch on Craigslist.
Page 1 of 1