GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

FOUND GM Posi Tag

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 10:33 pm

Looking for the little metal tag that goes on one of the diff cover bolts.
Anyone have one they can spare? Never see em in the yards.

Chris

Last edited by brokecello on Thu Apr 26, 2012 6:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
phantom 309

phantom 309

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeWed Apr 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Why??

new one??
posi tag
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 6:56 am

Well, since they likely never wear out since they are metal...I was hoping someone has a stash of them plucked from the yards. BUT, since every posi rear is usually gone by the time I get to it....it makes sense there would not be any to find.

The link you shared was gone, but I just bought this one! I guess that's the way to go!

Thanks Smile

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NOS-GM-POSI-LIMITED-SLIP-TAG-Camaro-Chevelle-Impala-Nova-Corvette-/290686928628?_trksid=p4069.m7&_trkparms=algo%3DLVI%26itu%3DUCI%26otn%3D3%26po%3DLVI%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D7990549944220754432
Back to top Go down
Lynol

Lynol

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:29 am

Chris, I think no one has one because no one bothers to save or pull them. Unless you're doing point restoration of a classic, I don't know why anyone would care. If you're worried about some mechanic lackey forgetting to put in the friction modifier, then just make your own tag out of a piece of aluminum. I certainly wouldn't pay $11 for something as useless as a tag with a warning no one reads on it. It didn't stop the Buick dealer that originally serviced my step-dad's RMW from not adding the LSD additive when the car got it's first axle oil change decades ago.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:27 am

I am about to get my new to me OCC serviced for the first time.
I did not know about the LSD additive for the differential but did have a flashback to 1974.
I will buy a can/bottle before I go to the lube place.

Thanks for the post.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:30 am

Well, Im weird and like to see that tag once I put the posi in. It is worth the $ in this case at least for me! Sprocket might notice I polished the one on his OCC *cough*
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:30 pm

that would assume that I actually looked under the car. Robert was amazed that the first time I popped the hood was at his house, lol. Only cuz it was Chris (and some other members here fit the same mold) did I have such blind faith. I have actually been under the car, but only upfront to do the oil and will comment that the car is squeaky clean. I will have to venture under the back to see my shiny posi tag.
Back to top Go down

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 8:41 pm

Dick be sure to hold onto that additive and watch when the guy goes to refill your rearend then
hand it to him.Thats only if you dont know your attendant personally and trust him!Some of these quicky oil change places are run by some low lifes,I know this because my kid sister use to date
one of these clowns.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 9:22 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Dick be sure to hold onto that additive and watch when the guy goes to refill your rearend then
hand it to him.Thats only if you dont know your attendant personally and trust him!Some of these quicky oil change places are run by some low lifes,I know this because my kid sister use to date
one of these clowns.
Thanks Jim.
I did not change the differential this time. I have no symtoms that the LSD is working improperly. Next time I will.
Dick
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeThu Apr 26, 2012 10:59 pm

brokecello wrote:
Well, Im weird

uh huh,.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 2:51 pm

Smile lol
Back to top Go down

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitimeFri Apr 27, 2012 3:00 pm

Its a good weird though!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FOUND GM Posi Tag Empty
PostSubject: Re: FOUND GM Posi Tag   FOUND GM Posi Tag Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FOUND GM Posi Tag
Page 1 of 1