GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang

Go down 
+3
phantom 309
jimbeau
81X11
7 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Empty
PostSubject: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:02 pm

Well I’ve got a story for you. Went and drove this car: http://austin.craigslist.org/ctd/2997601498.html this morning. I was really temped! Overall this is a good solid car. Engine is quiet, a/c blew ice cubes, lots of power, brakes felt good, seats are in nice shape, dash was not warped or cracked, cruise control worked, has the keyless fob and it worked, power seats work, and the underside has zero rust, I mean it’s spotless. It’s a very solid car.

Here’s the issue though….everywhere I looked, there was work to be done. All the trim around the wood is bad, needs some black trim replaced on the lower doors, the drivers door panel is cracked where they all crack by the arm rest, and some wood is coming loose and there are glue runs where they tried to fix it poorly, there is a good ding in the hood, needs my Impala wheels (WHY did he put blackwalls on those Roady wheels??). One of the rear windows needs a new roller, the steering wheel needs a re-dye, the shocks are mushy, especially in the back, the Low Coolant light was on, even though the overflow tank was full, the windows would need tinting, the radio did not have the CD option, he has NO service records or history on it, the rear window hatch struts are worn, the tail gate hinge pops, and on and on. It’s ALL just small stuff, and again most are things I fixed on my white Roady, but I just don’t want to spend all that time and money and do ALL that again. I’ve done it once, you know?

The real kicker came when I got back from my test drive. The dealer loved the S-10. Offered to trade me the Roady for the S-10, including TT&L, and offered me $500 cash on top of the deal!

I’m still shocked I managed to turn this down, that Roady did drive nice and would be a great project, but the S-10 is in the parking lot and I’m back at work. Sure was tempting!

-Mike

Now to keep the Mods happy....this is the same car about a year ago. Did not get new pics today. Looks about the same, except it has blackwall tires on it now.

WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Another96RMW002

And I was going to trade this:

WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang RedneckTires001
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 6:31 pm

Wait... your problem is that the car requires work? Soooooooo what!!! If anybody needs something to do... it's YOU.
Go back and make the deal. You will be secretly happy while whining about having to fix all the dumb stuff.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 7:01 pm

jimbeau wrote:
Wait... your problem is that the car requires work? Soooooooo what!!! If anybody needs something to do... it's YOU.
Go back and make the deal. You will be secretly happy while whining about having to fix all the dumb stuff.

He offered me $500 for the S-10, and the wagon. I thought about calling him back and seeing if he'd give me the wagon and $1000. A grand would do a lot with that gold car, especially with a trip to the B-body section down in San Antonio at Pick-N-Pull.

I'm just not a big fan of the gold color. As I said, if that Roady had about 50K less miles on it, or did not need all the work that it does to make it "right" again, I'd be driving it now, gold or not.

Bottom line is I don't want to have to start from scratch with a gold 154K mile car.

I'm on the hunt though. I'm sure the RIGHT wagon will pop up soon!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeThu Jun 07, 2012 9:43 pm

I hear you on the color... or any other major dislike. If I am going to make the commitment to fall in love with a car, it has to meet certain parameters.
and for me... gold = ugh
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 3:21 am

Gold wagons are the most durable,..

nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:04 am

phantom 309 wrote:
Gold wagons are the most durable,..

nick

What he said.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:19 am

You can take gold wagons, old jewelery and coins and trade them in for cash!

( hang in there.. you'll find what you want soon enough)

Last edited by lakeffect on Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:55 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:43 am

Meh, gold wagons are ugly. tongue
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 9:47 am

sherlock9c1 wrote:
Meh, gold wagons are ugly. tongue

Not if you re-paint them.

Bill
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 7:13 pm

Don't get me wrong. Gold vehicles are okay for SOME 'men'. It is actually gaining popularity in many metrosexual areas. So, drive with pride!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 8:20 pm

jimbeau wrote:
Don't get me wrong. Gold vehicles are okay for SOME 'men'. It is actually gaining popularity in many metrosexual areas. So, drive with pride!
Why am I not surprised that ONLY you would know something like that.Just not surprised one little bit jimblay!
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Speaking of this, do any of you remember the movie: "Used Cars" with Kurt Russell?
Every time I look at 81X-15's avatar, I am reminded of the scene where they just sold a Torino wagon to a family,
and as they are driving out, they hit a bump in the road and the tailgate flops open, spilling a half dozen kids out of the back of the car. Hilarious.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeFri Jun 08, 2012 11:59 pm

jimbeau wrote:
Speaking of this, do any of you remember the movie: "Used Cars" with Kurt Russell?
Every time I look at 81X-15's avatar, I am reminded of the scene where they just sold a Torino wagon to a family,
and as they are driving out, they hit a bump in the road and the tailgate flops open, spilling a half dozen kids out of the back of the car. Hilarious.

....Test Drive with Toby!!

...you killed my dog mister! All he ever wanted was for you to be happy in this car....and now he's DEAD!!!

cheers
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 am

lol... You got it!
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitimeSat Jun 09, 2012 12:29 pm

81X11 wrote:
jimbeau wrote:

....Test Drive with Toby!!

...you killed my dog mister! All he ever wanted was for you to be happy in this car....and now he's DEAD!!!

cheers
WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Medium_Test_Drive_For_Tobey_476.flv
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang   WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WELL I just almost got back in the wagon fold today gang
Page 1 of 1