GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Seat Frames Question

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
rh96ss

Seat Frames Question Empty
PostSubject: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 9:20 am

Anyone know if the seat frames from 95/96 Roadmaster Limited (if that is what is pictured) are the same as Impala seat frames or can accept Impala seat cushions and upholstery?
There is a Roadie sedan that I could pull the frames and wiring from in a junkyard.
Seat Frames Question 2wb4
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 12:02 pm

No, the Limiteds have different (slightly) frames. The non-lim frames are the same as the SS and Caprice.
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 3:17 pm

Interesting info. Do you know WHY the 'limited' frames are different, Jay?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeFri Jun 15, 2012 4:34 pm

Yes. The lim frames are one piece with the mounts, and have the lumbar function.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 4:37 pm

I have a question along the same line. My wagon has the seats shown in the first picture (same color and style). I really like the other leather style better (the one with the pleats in the seats) and I was wondering if I could just transfer the leather skins and padding from another wagon onto my seat frames. Most of the pleated style (is that the limited, or is mine?) seats I have seen don't have lumbar and heat, along with full power controls, like mine.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 5:20 pm

Your seats are limited (the ones in the above pic). The "pleated" ones that you like (me too!) are the regular Roadmaster seats. Trust me, just replace the complete seats. It is a pain to remove/replace skins.
Back to top Go down
Mark 96 Roady

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 6:43 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Your seats are limited (the ones in the above pic). The "pleated" ones that you like (me too!) are the regular Roadmaster seats. Trust me, just replace the complete seats. It is a pain to remove/replace skins.
I totally agree, but I don't think I have ever seen the regular seats with all the functions (heat, lumbar, etc) that my Limited wagon seats have. In the past, I have removed the seat skins and pads from a junk yard 97 Cutlass coupe to replace the worn driver side ones on my car, also a 97 Cutlass coupe. It was really no fun, but in the end it worked out fine. But, back to the original question- if I did want to make the skin switch because I could not find a full function regular seat, will the skins fit? At least for the driver side, I would want the full power. For the passenger side, I would probably just change the whole seat as you recommend.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 10:43 pm

You may have to swap the foam with the covers, or modify the foam to fit. The only way you can tell, is to pull them apart and look at them. The frame should be the same
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Seat Frames Question   Seat Frames Question Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Seat Frames Question
Page 1 of 1