GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
mayneman

mayneman

Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Empty
PostSubject: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 9:16 am

My fuel pump runs continuously even when I unplug the relay(?) By chance does the oil pressure override the relay?? If so, where is the oil pressure gauge??

Thanks in advance......just now finished changing the starter, and now this!!!! ARRRRGG!!!!
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 10:59 am

Wow this came up on the buickforum a while back. Same issue the fuel pump stayed on even after the car was shut down. If that is indeed what is going on here then yes the oil pressure sensor could be the culprit. It is entirely possible for that sensor to go bad causing this type of problem. If the oil pressure sensor was shorted it is possible it would keep the fuel pump running. Here's my answer on the other forum:

"These cars have a redundancy system to supply power to the fuel pump. If the fuel pump relay was to go bad preventing the fuel pump from turning on, the engine oil pressure sensor will supply power to the fuel pump when the crank case builds up enough pressure. So if the sensor was shorted to ground then that would cause the symptoms you have described. continous power to the fuel pump, and constant high oil pressure reading. "

Of course the noise could also be the air pump for the auto leveling rear air assisted shocks, if your OCC has those? Just say'n.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:11 am

Hmmm......
As to where the sensor is at I'm not exactly sure for a 305. I would assume it is in the same location as on the 350 non LT1 engine, but I might be wrong. Unfortunately I don't have my repair manual near me, at least for the next 8 hours that is, so. . .I can't provide that info at the moment. If no one else has chimed in with the answer before I get home I'll posted it up.

Ohh and welcome to the forum. Wink
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 1:47 pm

The pressure sensor is behind the exhaust manifold on the driver's side of the block. The compressor for the auto level is a lot louder than the fuel pump. Unplug the connector, and the pump should stop if that is the problem. It is simple to R&R. Unscrew, and after putting thread sealer on the new one, screw back in.
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:50 pm

Thanks all for your help.

It was the Oil pressure sensor causing the fuel pump to run. Let me start in the beginning.............

When I bought the car less than 1 week ago I went to get it inspected and the desk jocky at the garage said that they had a $19.95 special on oil changes. Well normally I'll change my own but said why not, what can possibly go wrong(?!) The battery went completely dead that night......I thought it was in some strange way related to my dragging starter that needed the solenoid to be whacked with a hammer now and again.
Well when I found the sensor, it was dripping with oil, I unplugged it and oil poured out of the connector!! I dried it off real good and sprayed it with contact cleaner......this stopped the fuel pump from running. The stupid oil change monkey slopped oil all over the left side of the engine (which, by the way, is indeed a non LT 350ci).

Thinking back, I did notice a bunch of burn off when I drove off from the garage, and when I pulled over noticed a pool of oil sitting on the intake manifold that I mopped up.......not to mention also that my air cleaner was only half closed with the filter pinched and hanging out!!!!! ARRRGGGG!!!!$@%$^%$&. Mad

Lesson learned!? The only thing a AAA garage is good for is maybe an inspection and maybe some maps or fancy luggage. DO NOT let them service your car, but I'm sure you all already knew that .......I'm such a moron, DUH!!

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:30 pm

Holy crap,you need to post that business with a stern warning to all and then inform AAA what
kind of idiots are working at this location.Then go back to this idiots place of employment and
literally raise hell until they fire this moron!But then again thats just what I would do!
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:46 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
Holy crap,you need to post that business with a stern warning to all and then inform AAA what
kind of idiots are working at this location.Then go back to this idiots place of employment and
literally raise hell until they fire this moron!But then again thats just what I would do!

You would be behind me in line.
Back to top Go down
mayneman

mayneman

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 11:28 pm

Yeah, I plan to call them.....go there......organize a picket line.....something!!!

I really think they should at least suspend this idiot, I do hate to see anyone losing their job. Of course this dunder-head would probably just go back to being a McD's fry-boy or hanging out in his parents attic sniffing glue.

Even if they do fire him, I'm not going back! I don't care how many free oil baths they offer to give my cars!!

By the way where do I post warnings for such a business??
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitimeWed Jul 04, 2012 5:26 pm

First of all, I'd contact the general manager and explain to him what kind of monkey he has changing customers' oil.

If you aren't satisifed by the manager, notify the BBB. Click on the icon at Google Maps and fill out a review. Call your local AAA agent with your concerns. If you're really angry, go to the Ripoff Report (they never take down a complaint, even if the business takes care of you the next day).
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!   Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help!!! Fuel pump wont stop!!
Page 1 of 1