GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Wanted: Seat belt bolt

Go down 
+3
Cadet57
silverfox103
lakeffect
7 posters
AuthorMessage
lakeffect

lakeffect

Wanted: Seat belt bolt Empty
PostSubject: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:44 am

For some reason the bolt that holds the seat belt harness into the B-pillar above the shoulder had fallen out and disappeared. I need a replacement.

Any one got a spare, or going to the junkyard to pick one up?
It's held on by a big torx head bolt.

Let me know.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:02 am

T-47 torx, to be specific.

94x2 has a bunch of parts cars. Give him a PM.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:10 am

Hi Dave

Just found one sitting on top of the bolt bucket.

1 3/4 inch long, torx head and the bolt itself has about a 3/4 shoulder before the thread. Probably a standard seat belt bolt.

If that sounds like it, I will put it in the mail today.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:17 am

The top and bottom ones are different lengths, FYI. I think the top one is longer than 1.75" because it goes all the way into the metal part of the B pillar and also the plastic cover.

Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 11:46 am

Stingroo wrote:
The top and bottom ones are different lengths, FYI. I think the top one is longer than 1.75" because it goes all the way into the metal part of the B pillar and also the plastic cover.

Correct. I had that issue putting my interior back together when the b pillar belts wouldnt go in all the way. I was using the wrong bolts Laughing
Back to top Go down
94X2

94X2

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:04 pm

If you haven't found one yet pm me your address and I'll put one in the mail.

Jon
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 12:44 pm

Stingroo wrote:

I dug in the bucket of bolts and found the longer one. Without measuring it looks to be about 5/8" longer, so somewhere around 2 3/8". This one has a longer shoulder on it. I will put it in the mail today (unless someone says it's not the right one).

tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 1:35 pm

Sounds about right. The only difference between the two, IIRC, is the top one has to accommodate for going through the B pillar plastic itself, so 5/8" doesn't seem out of line.

Good man.
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 2:13 pm

Bolt headed to NY. Post Office said you should have it Thursday.

tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 5:52 pm

In truth, when I came home from work on signed on, I was pleasantly surprised to see all the responses to this thread. Thanks for the quick response gentlemen.

To Tom, special thanks and a free beer at Wagonfest!

Last edited by lakeffect on Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:20 pm

lakeffect wrote:
Tom, special thanks and a free beer at Wagonfest!

Dave, make sure it's cold.

tom
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 6:27 pm

Will do!
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:06 pm

Wouldn't it be great if we all lived close to each other?
Back to top Go down
jimbeau

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 7:33 pm

^^^ We used to call that a 'neighborhood'.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 8:01 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
Wouldn't it be great if we all lived close to each other?

Good god. If only. Sad
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:16 pm

The sad part is even the several guys that are in western NY rarely see each other. Is anyone else seeing it differently.

As a suggestion, if you know people in your area, how about a one a month breakfast nearby. It might help knit local folks together a little better.

Someone had an idea about mapping out our members at one time and displaying it on the forum to members only. Might be worth while to see if our ADMIN can do that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:29 pm

I was playing with it, but this forum software doesn't have that functionality built in.

There are third-party clients that do, however.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 7:11 am

How about simply setting it up as a link?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:44 am

BTW the bolt has a T 50 head not a T 47.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:51 am

Mine didn't.
Back to top Go down
lakeffect

lakeffect

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitimeWed Jun 27, 2012 8:58 am

Thanks for the update.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wanted: Seat belt bolt   Wanted: Seat belt bolt Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wanted: Seat belt bolt
Page 1 of 1