GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

modified dip stick

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:36 pm

i do not have home plate on my car and hate how high the dip stick is, so i removed 4'' from it. i cut 4'' out of it then welded the top back on so the actual dip stick would fit in the tube. then removed 4'' from the dip stick it self.it went great cutting it and welding but then i had to remove the temp sensor to get it down past headers then i had to remove the starter to get the tube back in the block. then i scratched the block up and had to repaint that spot on the block. but all said and done it came out great. my wife said who will notice the difference, i will. here are some pics.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by mtrhead79 on Tue Jun 26, 2012 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://mtrhead79@aol.com
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:39 pm

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Back to top Go down

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 9:54 pm

You do nice work John,man that engine block is detailed to the hilt.Have you had any AC problems
with the lines being so close to the headers?
Back to top Go down
mtrhead79

mtrhead79

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:08 pm

no problems but i just charged it up this weekend. i replaced all the seals last year and the drier also but never got around to charging it up. ran a vacuum on it then charged it up was blowing at idle at 40 then driving about 35. was not real hot that day around 80 outside. thanks for engine complement but my frame is a rusty mess would love to pull it and sand blast but it is such a big job
Back to top Go down

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:27 pm

Well thats good to hear about the headers.I topped off my RMW and my brothers 05 3500 Ram.
His toyota blows ice chips but its still running on R12 but the Ram needed about 12 ozs to put it at the correct level.I have all the manifold gauges in both r12 and r134.My brother found a old
digital r12 gauge set thats really cool to use.I bought one of those interdynamic low side only
pistol grip chargers and it works great and you dont have to mess with all those hoses and
gauges.I hooked up this gauge along side a snap on gauge set and the readings were almost
identical,so I trust it.Has anyone ever used the r134 that sold in the Ollies stores?I bought 6
12 ounce cans on monday and am hoping its decent.
Thanks Again John
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:40 pm

Damn, your engine has a better paint job than my whole car Shocked
Back to top Go down

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitimeTue Jun 26, 2012 10:44 pm

Mine and yours both David!Johns whole engine looks way nicer than my entire wagon does most of the time
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

modified dip stick Empty
PostSubject: Re: modified dip stick   modified dip stick Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

modified dip stick
Page 1 of 1