GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

I' ve been busy

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
buickestate
buickestate

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:31 pm

but no on my wagon.....

not unlike texas mike I too have been toying with my G body though technically a 79 malibu is an A body

My first Malibu came from the factory with the F41 suspension, front and rear swaybars, and extra body and frame bracing. it's fun to drive stays flat while cornering and hugs curves.

My Euro malibu did not have the F41 suspension.

three years ago I picked up a set of rust free rear control arms, rear sway bar from a 87 buick grand national. I already had stashed away the front sway bar from a 85 cutlass hust edition.

two years ago I boxed up the lower rear control arms and got some poly bushings for them and that's as far as I got....

I' ve been busy DSC01453

I' ve been busy DSC01459

I' ve been busy DSC01470

I' ve been busy DSC01480

this past week end I took the time and put these parts on my malibu

wow it's a completely different car! it too hugs the road and it fun in curves, no more wallowing, and the nose don't dive into corners anymore!

should have done this years ago, I love the malibu again

I' ve been busy DSC01204

So now I get into the caprice wagon and my mind starts wondering what can be done to it to help it handle like if not better than the malibu does?
Back to top Go down

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: Re: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:39 pm

Pat,did you get the CLs ad I sent you for the beautiful Camino down here in VA?
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: Re: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:45 pm

yes thanks but can't afford one right now
Back to top Go down

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: Re: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitimeTue Jul 17, 2012 10:46 pm

Just thought you might enjoy seeing a real nice one !
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: Re: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitimeWed Jul 18, 2012 12:56 am

Go spend some time on Advance Auto Parts' website looking at the myriad sway bar end links they have available. Some are pricey, but you could mount just about any axle-mounted swaybar to the wagon that you wanted to.

For example - '99-04 Dodge Dakota Swaybar end links would allow you to use a swaybar whose end openings were horizontal (opposite of the way the B-cars and the Crown Vic swaybar ends are):
I' ve been busy $(KGrHqN,!hcE-mSDQscvBPv9GCIrew~~60_35
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I' ve been busy Empty
PostSubject: Re: I' ve been busy   I' ve been busy Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I' ve been busy
Page 1 of 1