GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
swingin'safari

MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Empty
PostSubject: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:37 pm

[b][i]As many other GM owners of cars from the '80s my '87 Safari wagon needs a new headliner.
I bought another '87 Safari and an '86 Parisienne just for the liners but they are of questionable condition. They are both complete but naturally the material is sagging. A local upholstery shop guarntees me that they do quality work in restoring these headliners but I'm not really convinced.
This leads to my question....Does anyone know of a source for the foam headliner in either reproduction or NOS form? I've been searching for information since 2009 with absolutely no luck. Another shop wants top install a suspended liner but I'm not sure what the results would be since the car was not designed to have one. We are really tired of the look and not having any dome lights!
Any help will be greatly appreciated. Joe from N.E. Ohio
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 9:50 pm

http://www.yourautotrim.com/auothead.html

What I used to have the upholstery guy redo my headliner.
Back to top Go down
swingin'safari

PostSubject: Re: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitimeThu Aug 02, 2012 10:08 pm

[b][i]Thanks very much but the cloth material isn't the problem. I am looking for the foam two-peice liner. Joe
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:10 am

You would be well advised to rehab what you have. The upholstry shop should be able to do it right for you. Fortunately yours is 2 piece, The 91-96s with the vista roof are one piece and so fragile that you can not get them out without breaking them, and there are no replacements.
Back to top Go down
swingin'safari

PostSubject: Re: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:43 am

Thanks very much for the infromation. I didn't expect to find any NOS headliners but it was worth trying. Joe
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE   MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MORE HEADLINER TROUBLE
Page 1 of 1