GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Tranny problem

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:04 pm

Just blew a transmission line need to know which transmission is in my car can anybody help
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 12:51 pm

Yours is a 700R4, also known as the 4L60 (no E)
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:10 pm

Mike

You may be able to make a temporary / permanent repair with high pressure hose made for tranny's. It is available at auto parts stores. Cut out the bad piece, then install a piece of high pressure hose. Double clamp on either end.

Tom
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 1:32 pm

Thanks guys
I replaced the lines with high pressure rubber ones when I put new radiator in but ome slipped out of the bracket and burned o hole on the exaust.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 2:32 pm

Can you get extra length on them hoses and zip tie them further away from the exhaust pipe? I can't remember how close to, or where they are routed but it might be worth doing if that's the only problem.

X2 on it being a 700R4 or 4L60 transmission. If you want to try and find a cheap used one I would suggest www.car-part.com
Back to top Go down
roadmastercouple

roadmastercouple

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:17 pm

to be honest it scared the s*** out of me I looked in my rear view mirror couldn't see out my back window on the trail of smoke. confused me at first because I did not have a lack of power. I thought I might have blown the engine it first. and I called advanced auto they're trying to tell me that it takes 11 court just doesn't sound right to me. my hands manual says 10 pints so still a little confused. thanks for the tip scoffman will pick up some zip ties when I go.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitimeFri Aug 03, 2012 7:35 pm

11 quarts is if everything including the converter (Fresh Rebuild) is dry. When doing a trans service it should be about 5 quarts
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home
Sponsored content

Tranny problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Tranny problem   Tranny problem Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Tranny problem
Page 1 of 1