GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present

Go down 
+3
DROLDS2U
Nick Danger
94 Roadmaster Wagon
7 posters
AuthorMessage
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Empty
PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:18 pm

As requested, here is a pic of my '87 Cutlass. Of course, I could only post one pic, so I'll try another post, to see if I can post another.

John
[b]
Attachments
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present AttachmentIMG_0015 Resized.JPG
1987 Olds Cutlass Salon
You don't have permission to download attachments.
(62 Kb) Downloaded 11 times
Back to top Go down
http://www.lubedealer.com/nielsen
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:21 pm

I just tried uploading another pic, and it said that I don't have enough free space availabe? So, what do I do now?

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
Nick Danger

Nick Danger

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 7:48 pm

94 Roadmaster Wagon wrote:
I just tried uploading another pic, and it said that I don't have enough free space availabe? So, what do I do now?

John
[b]

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics
Back to top Go down
http://www.unseengallery.com
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:46 pm

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 2f07c011

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 2f600fd3

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present E3562d2f

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 954f8258

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 12d08633

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present A278743e

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 0d6afcb6

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present D4906dda
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:54 pm

That is a beautiful car and never have seen that color before but I sure do like it.When did you get the second Olds?

Last edited by Flasheroo on Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 10:59 pm

all i can say is WOW nice cars , hurst has wrong front parking lights, should be amber, i see you just bought it, check to to see if it was hit ?? might have to sue the dealer if he lied to you ??
Back to top Go down
DROLDS2U

DROLDS2U

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:03 pm

im not trying to pick your car apart, but it looks like your left headlight bezel is from a 83 hurst/olds they were all black and made of i guess rubber??? sorry but im an olds expert
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 pm

DROLDS2U wrote:
if you go to a 3.08 rear gear you might also need a different carrier or POSI unit, might be cheaper to change your whole rear end, you might also need new speedo gear in the tranny, to keep it accurate

Supposedly, what I bought from the man has the reluctor ring, posi unit, and ABS gear. Can you tell I have no clue as to what I'm saying? But, I'm supposed to have everything I need to swap it out, and to convert it to posi. This setup came off of a '94 Caddy. But, it had almost 200k on it, before he took it out. He did say that everything ran good, no noise, or 'clunking' sounds. He is from Louisana, so I doubt he had any instance to check if the posi worked (I just want it for the snow).

I've been trying to find a 3.08 gear from a wagon, so I KNOW it will work, but I haven't been able to find one yet. Whenever I see one on one of theJohn
[b]

Hi John:

Keep looking. The normal Caddys had a 4 channel ABS in them with the reluctor rings out at the end of the axles and two brake lines. No true posi. The posi was simulated via the ABS system. If that has the reluctor in the pumpkin and is a true posi it would still not be a true drop in. Believe the width was different (probably the same as the Roady sedans).

To be sure, check the area just inboard of the brake backing plate. If there is two ABS sensors (one on each side) then you have an open center (non-posi) axle on your hands. Another quick way to check, turn one axle. The other should turn the same direction if its a posi. If they turn opposite to each other or the other one remains stationary than its an open center.

Bill
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 am

convert2diesel wrote:
DROLDS2U wrote:
if you go to a 3.08 rear gear you might also need a different carrier or POSI unit, might be cheaper to change your whole rear end, you might also need new speedo gear in the tranny, to keep it accurate

Supposedly, what I bought from the man has the reluctor ring, posi unit, and ABS gear. Can you tell I have no clue as to what I'm saying? But, I'm supposed to have everything I need to swap it out, and to convert it to posi. This setup came off of a '94 Caddy. But, it had almost 200k on it, before he took it out. He did say that everything ran good, no noise, or 'clunking' sounds. He is from Louisana, so I doubt he had any instance to check if the posi worked (I just want it for the snow).

I've been trying to find a 3.08 gear from a wagon, so I KNOW it will work, but I haven't been able to find one yet. Whenever I see one on one of theJohn
[b]

Hi John:

Keep looking. The normal Caddys had a 4 channel ABS in them with the reluctor rings out at the end of the axles and two brake lines. No true posi. The posi was simulated via the ABS system. If that has the reluctor in the pumpkin and is a true posi it would still not be a true drop in. Believe the width was different (probably the same as the Roady sedans).

To be sure, check the area just inboard of the brake backing plate. If there is two ABS sensors (one on each side) then you have an open center (non-posi) axle on your hands. Another quick way to check, turn one axle. The other should turn the same direction if its a posi. If they turn opposite to each other or the other one remains stationary than its an open center.

Bill

Bill,

I don't have the whole rear end, just the gears. So, I can't check for ABS sensors. He shipped everything in a box, and to be honest, I haven't even opened it yet! I've been trying to get to this tranny/rear end guy to change out a rear seal, and to change the trans over to Amsoil. I was going to bring the rear end parts with, and have him look at them. But, we've never been able to 'hook up', to have him do that stuff. The seal isn't a big deal, as I realized that the trans was over full, that's why it was seeping. But, I can't check what you ask, because I just have the gears. My ABS light has been on since I bought the car, and when I do the HVAC thing, and go to number 4, I just get "--" in the display. So, I don't know what's wrong wtih it.

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:11 am

DROLDS2U wrote:
im not trying to pick your car apart, but it looks like your left headlight bezel is from a 83 hurst/olds they were all black and made of i guess rubber??? sorry but im an olds expert

Thanks for pointing that out!! I never paid attention to that before! But, I did put new headlights in (I use all Silverstar headlights!), so I've taken that out that bezel, and it's not rubber, just painted plastic, like the other side is chromed plastic! WOW!! Now, I have to start looking for the right piece! That H/O is going to be a show car, so I'm glad someone pointed that out. Talk about embarrassing!

That H/O hasn't ran in over 2 years, as I've had the engine/trans out of it. The motor, I realized was rebuilt in '04 (at least the .30 over pistons have that date stamp on them), but the car leaked oil, right on the exhaust, so I yanked out the engine/trans, and have been going over them. The problem was, I took the trans to the "moron" (and, I'm using a VERY NICE label for him on here!), who had my trans for over a year and a half, and didn't do a DAMN thing to it! Plus, the A**H*LE took my torque convertor! I ended up getting it back, and took it to someone else, who rebuilt it in two weeks, in his garage! He then told me that whoever had it, never touched it, and almost ruined the pump, with a screwdriver, trying to take it apart! WOW!!

Now, it's just up to me to finish the motor, and put everything back in. The one thing that I've done, that I know I shouldn't have, is paint the engine "olds gold", instead of period black. I also didn't like the crappy cork pan gasket that the kit came with, as I couldn't get any of the holes to line up, no matter which direction I put each half on the car, so I lathered it up with RTV, and put the pan on! I do want to take that apart, and try to find a rubber gasket for it! But, everywhere I've looked, I can't find one!

I have gotten lots of help from the "oldspower.com" forum, as to things like getting actual intake gaskets, instead of using that 'turkey tray', but no one on there knew of a rubber gasket for the pan. And, I've been all but banned on that forum, by making the mistake of asking if anyone has ever put in an LT-1 in a G body! WOW!! I've heard of 'brand loyal', but those idiots take it to the MAX!! You would have thought I was putting a Ford motor in that car (my '87, NOT the H/O)! WOW!!! The last I knew, the LT-1 IS a GM motor, isn't it? LOL!! And, even when I pointed out that during the '80's, there were LOTS of GM cars with different motors in them (Buicks, Pontiac's, etc.), I guess that didn't matter! If you're not doing a 403 swap, then forget it!!

I bought the H/O first, around November of '09. We traded the wife's yellow '05 Mustang V-6 for it, and got money back! She wanted that car, because it had the factory sunroof, which according to "Muscle Car" (on Spike TV), only 23 were made that year. But, I've been told by the H/O club of America, that that isn't true, as Olds never kept records like that during it's production. All they really know, is the total production numbers (for '84-3500). But, they don't know which cars had what options. I guess there's no "Marti" report for GM's!

I fell in love with that car! When they were new, back in the day, I couldn't care less for them, but now, I love them! So, I put my blue mustang for sale (yes, we had his/hers Mustangs), and I found the '87 in a car lot in Sycamore, IL. From selling my 'Stang, and buying the '87, I ended up making $7000 profit! I have put some work in the '87, as when I first bought it, it needed a water pump. So, I also put in electric fans, and took off the mechanical one. But, even though the paint job someone has done is beautiful, I don't know how many miles are actually on the car. It shows 94k, but for the looks of the engine, it could have rolled over twice! I have good oil pressure, but the engine, and trans leak. So, that's why I thought it would be a great candidate for the LT-1 swap! I also put on a new A/C compressor, with dryer.

Anyway, that's my life's story! I'll post a pic of the Mustangs we had. I sold a '95 RMS I had, to buy the blue 'Stang. Biggest mistake of my life!! I loved that '95! It had leather, and was the most comfortable car I've ever owned! But, I had a 'mid-life crisis', and when the '05 'Stang's came out, with that new body style, I wanted one. Back when I owned the '95, the wagons had too much of a 'cult' following, and I couldn't touch one for under 10 grand! I bought the RMS for only $4200 out the door, and ended up selling it to a couple of college kids from Missouri for $3500, after I racked up 80k miles on it! The kids couldn't care less about the car, I know they just wanted the engine! I'm sure the poor old girl is in a scrap yard somewhere, with either no engine, or totaled from wrapping it around a phone pole!

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:29 am

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 156481c7

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present D8eeda32

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Bf0a4d53

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present C997f463

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present B321bb44

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present A3f8ff62
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:37 am

And, since I'm sharing everything else, here's some pics of my '68 Cougar!!

[b]

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 5453b88c

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 53c1b040

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present B1730ffd

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 32745bf3

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 3e30bb76

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present B2576361

I have since switched the tires, so no more fat tires on the back, but everything else is the same!

I've even done some videos, showing some LED lights I've put in the car, and it makes it MUCH more visible! Plus, because the sequential unit IS the flasher, the LED's are perfect for this car! Even the LED bulb reseller, used my video here for there sales! You can go to my youtube channel (propilotc182), and view the other videos I took doing the comparisons.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cowlIxtkduE&list=UUBdULDJ8XLrVxEKwKu1jdWw&index=18&feature=plcp

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 8:56 am

Nick Danger wrote:

John
[b]

https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t55-read-this-first-how-to-post-pics-now-with-pics

By the way, I almost forgot to thank you for 'showing me the way'! I didn't know this photobucket was so easy, and free! Thanks again!!

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 12:10 pm

GREAT CARS!! I'm of course partial to the Cutlass toys!

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present CleanGP020
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Cutlass008

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:21 pm

81X11 wrote:

-Mike

Nice!!! I'm guessing '87? Or, is it an 'uber' rare '88? Has to be one of the two, with the bulb-type headlights!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Cutlasses, but I would also like to have a G-Body Grand Prix! I just love the front end of those cars! And, not the 1st gen G-Bodies, but the 2nd gen ('81-'87). I would actually like a '77, but I sat in one of those, and even though I had the seat all the way back, my knees were hitting the dash! I'm only like 6'2'', but I guess they put all the room in the 6 foot hood!

John
[/b]
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:38 pm

And, since I'm putting everything in this photobucket, here's my "77 LTD!

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 10a080df

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 0078d47b

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 13a278fe

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 1453821d

Actually, I forgot how old these pics are! This is when I first built my garage, back in '05. In the background, you can see my '95 RMS!!

John
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 2:50 pm

And, since you guys have me going photobucket crazy now, here is my '95 RMS I sold, to buy my '05 Mustang!

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 2cba2ee9

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present F0608010

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 242b0835

These pictures were obviously taken quite a few years ago, back at my old house. But, I just loved the leather interior in that car! I also put in a 12 disk CD changer in the trunk, that had a controller in the car, under the radio. The sound system in that car was truly amazing, for 'factory'! Plus, with that 12 disc changer, I was in heaven driving down the road!!

Well, that's it for cars, I won't waste anymore time posting pics on here. I just went photobucket crazy! This is a good idea, though. In case my external hard drive does take a dump, I can always retrieve my pictures!

John
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:19 pm

81X11 wrote:

-Mike

Nice!!! I'm guessing '87? Or, is it an 'uber' rare '88? Has to be one of the two, with the bulb-type headlights!

Don't get me wrong, I love my Cutlasses, but I would also like to have a G-Body Grand Prix! I just love the front end of those cars! And, not the 1st gen G-Bodies, but the 2nd gen ('81-'87). I would actually like a '77, but I sat in one of those, and even though I had the seat all the way back, my knees were hitting the dash! I'm only like 6'2'', but I guess they put all the room in the 6 foot hood!

John
[/b]

It's an '88 "Cutlass Supreme Classic", the Coke Classic of the automobile world! Very Happy

I was actually looking for a clean Salon when this car came up. The mother of the man I worked for in high school had an 85 Cutlass Salon, dark blue over dark blue interor, and I loved the contrast of the exterior chrome and Brougham door panels with the buckets, floor shift, gauges and sport steering wheel.

Oh and I did have a heck of a nice '85 Grand Prix LE years back when I was dating the woman that's now my wife. It was stock with the exception of some aftermarket wheels, which I swapped out for 15-inch Pontiac Rally II's. Loved that car.

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0013
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0007
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0003
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0009
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0008
Here's my '93 S-10 and the '85 GP in the parking lot of our first apartment together:
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0011
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0010
I replaced the goofy aftermarket wheels with 15-inch Pontiac Rally II wheels. MAN that was a sharp GP!
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0014

Think this tread kinda got off the hitch discussion, but I love the pics and memories!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:24 pm

Some gorgeous cars John! Thanks again for posting.

If you're bored, I posted a ton of my old toys in here. Here's the link to that thread:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t5004-my-brother-gave-me-a-photo-scanner?highlight=photo+scanner

Always fun to go down Memory Lane, but I kick myself for selling a lot of these!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 6:51 pm

It's an '88 "Cutlass Supreme Classic", the Coke Classic of the automobile world! Very Happy

I was actually looking for a clean Salon when this car came up. The mother of the man I worked for in high school had an 85 Cutlass Salon, dark blue over dark blue interor, and I loved the contrast of the exterior chrome and Brougham door panels with the buckets, floor shift, gauges and sport steering wheel.

Oh and I did have a heck of a nice '85 Grand Prix LE years back when I was dating the woman that's now my wife. It was stock with the exception of some aftermarket wheels, which I swapped out for 15-inch Pontiac Rally II's. Loved that car.

I replaced the goofy aftermarket wheels with 15-inch Pontiac Rally II wheels. MAN that was a sharp GP!
My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Sacns_0014

Think this tread kinda got off the hitch discussion, but I love the pics and memories!

-Mike[/quote]

Mike,

Your Cutlass is pretty rare! I'd keep that one! Not too many '88's were made! Especially if it was an 442! Those were really rare!! That's when Olds did a stupid thing, and kept that moronic front wheel drive thing they called a car! That GP looks GREAT!!! That looks like a great color combo, too! I also loved the 'vent' on the hump, below the shifter! I wish I can talk the wife into getting a GP, as I think they look much better than an Olds! The rear quarter window is out of an Monte, but that's OK, at least it has the great front end!!

Oh, and I usually do get off the original subject on these forums, but oh well?!?!

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 7:36 pm

we should start a thread about our other cars........
Back to top Go down
94 Roadmaster Wagon

94 Roadmaster Wagon

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 10:19 pm

Mike,

I clicked on the link, and looked at your old cars. Nice history lesson there! I wish I would have taken pics of all my old cars! But if I did, it would fill up 10 pages on here! I've owned so many cars over my life, that I've actually forgotten some of them! And with others, I can't remember the timeline, as to which car I had before that one, etc. I do remember something funny my Father said to me, when I was like 21. He said: "you know, I think you have already passed me up, in the number of cars I've ever owned"! He was joking of course, but funny nonetheless. I should dig up whatever pictures I have left (the ex threw a lot of them out!), and scan them in!

John
[b]
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeSun Aug 26, 2012 11:03 pm

That's a sweet pair of Cutlasses John! My '84 Brougham aspires to be that nice when it grows up. Razz

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 84-Cutlass-rear

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present 84-Cutlass-front
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 12:12 am

81X11 wrote:
Some gorgeous cars John! Thanks again for posting.

If you're bored, I posted a ton of my old toys in here. Here's the link to that thread:
https://gmlongroof.4umer.com/t5004-my-brother-gave-me-a-photo-scanner?highlight=photo+scanner

Always fun to go down Memory Lane, but I kick myself for selling a lot of these!

-Mike

Hell Mike,I'LL kick you for selling a few of those G bodies!
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitimeWed Mar 27, 2013 11:12 am

Nuff Said... Very Happy

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present CleanGP017
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My Other Car(s) - Past & Present   My Other Car(s) - Past & Present Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My Other Car(s) - Past & Present
Page 1 of 1