GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Just some pictures of past B bodies.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
JeffY

JeffY

Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Empty
PostSubject: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 4:55 pm

I also owned a 94 RMW (which was my favorite of them all) and a 92 OCC, but it was in really rough shape, sorry I could not find pictures of those.

1996 RMW
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Thumbn31

1992 caprice wagon, and yes I got rid of the wheels and threw some steel rallies on it, but don't have a picture.
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Thumbn32

1994 Impala ss
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Thumbn33
Back to top Go down
JeffY

JeffY

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2018 4:57 pm

My 96 that I really regret selling, stock motor, 6 speed swap, 4.10 gears ect......
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Thumbn34
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2018 12:06 pm

You get it. Nice toys.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeWed Oct 24, 2018 11:28 am

The "family" and my B-body cars over the years:

Our 1978 Pontiac Grand Safari, the first family B-car, bought by my Dad new. Fantastic car, special-ordered with the last real Pontiac 400, Valencia cloth interior, tow pack (for a boat my Dad never bought), and in general a LOADED car. The only issues we had with it were wood peeling under the door handles, and a clogged screen on the exhaust tip (that GM removed on all wagons soon after).
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  11990410

The only "B" that was not well "loved" was Mom's '86 Electra Wagon, which was just gutless, burned oil, lost the transmission at 50K miles, ate THREE digital climate control heads (beep-beep-beep), developed paint checking issues on the hood and roof, and chrome pitting on the bumpers just out of warranty (of course), and had other smaller issues like slow-moving power windows, tailgate stopped opening downward, and air shocks failed. This car was very comfy, but a total letdown after our Pontiac.
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  02610

My 89 Olds Custom Cruiser. It too was gutless with the Olds 307, but it was dead-reliable and I loved it a lot. Only real complaint on this car was I never liked the "industrial-look" cloth on the seats, which wore well but looked cheap in such an otherwise-classy car.
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Sale_p10

'86 Caprice Classic sedan. This was a great car! 50K mile find that a girl at the University of Texas had inherited from her grandmother. She hated it, and I found it on Craigslist cheap. After a cosmetic refurbishment to un-Grandma it, I loved it!
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Box_ch10

'77 Caprice Classic Sedan. A co-worker inherited this from his Grandfather, and he sold it to me. VERY original car, even had clear plastic on the rear seat! Ran and drove very well, but I gave to a friend that needed a car for her family to use, and sadly they abused it to the point that it was junk. To them it was "just a really old car". No good deed goes unpunished...
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Clean_10

1992 Oldsmobile Custom Cruiser. Found this super-clean and low-mile car in North Carolina and brought it back to Texas. It was cosmetically beautiful and mechanically fresh, but I did have to do some age-related repairs to it in order to make it nearly perfect. Sadly I had to sell this car in order to get the car I really wanted...back. As much as I loved this car, I missed having the wood on the sides and the LT1 under the hood....two things that turn these cars from "really nice" to "funny and FAST).
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Tires_11

1996 Roadmaster - Bought in 2007, sold in 2011 due to financial issues, bought back in 2012 after begging to get it back (and having to sell the '92 Olds above, which was my "stopgap" car. This is my always-and-forever car. Love it way too much!
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  18920211

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeThu Oct 25, 2018 6:05 pm

Im going to say it. Mike your Mom is Carol Brady Hot. Cool
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeFri Oct 26, 2018 10:31 am

Andebe wrote:
Im going to say it. Mike your Mom is Carol Brady Hot. Cool

It was uncomfortable when the mechanic at the gas station I worked out in high school, who was a total prick to everyone else, would RUN out of the garage to hit on my Mom when she stopped in to say hello to me....

Just some pictures of past B bodies.  01810

My family was SOOO 80's! I miss that Safari wagon and Dad's Olds Ninety-Eight.
Just some pictures of past B bodies.  02810

-Texas Mike
Back to top Go down
JeffY

JeffY

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2018 1:25 pm

Thanks for sharing those pictures!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just some pictures of past B bodies.    Just some pictures of past B bodies.  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just some pictures of past B bodies.
Page 1 of 1