GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

another newb checkin in from WI.

Go down 
+3
Krzdimond
brokecello
jturkey69
7 posters
AuthorMessage
jturkey69

jturkey69

another newb checkin in from WI. Empty
PostSubject: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 10:17 pm

Hey all, luckily someone from ISSF had gave a link to a headlight mod I wanted to try, and good thing, since that board is down...again...BUT, I hear this board never goes down...lol
so...Im Jon, married, between wife and I we have 6 kids, hence the need for a shagginwaggin..errr..kid hauler..lol. before the wagon I had a diesel Excursion, and before that a 91 Suburban 4x4. Always love the wagons, and cant wait to get more stuff done to ours even though we have enough car projects going on.
Thanks to all for this site.

Turkey
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeThu Nov 12, 2009 11:02 pm

Welcome Smile Got any pics of your '94?
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 4:28 am

Welcome, and yes, like a "good little girl", this board never goes down another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_biggrin
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 7:41 am

brokecello wrote:
Welcome Smile Got any pics of your '94?

Screw the 94! I wanna see the Gutlass!!!!! Very Happy

Welcome aboard, man.

Oh, and.... TH350? Really?
Back to top Go down
stockfornow

stockfornow

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:08 am

toomanytoyz wrote:

I was going to ask the same thing!

And welcome aboard!
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:11 am

Welcome aboard!!

toomanytoyz wrote:
Screw the 94! I wanna see the Gutlass!!!!! Very Happy

Welcome aboard, man.

Yeah, what he said. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
Wagon Collector

Wagon Collector

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 8:46 am

Welcome! And yes... I'm wondering about the trans, too.
Back to top Go down
jturkey69

jturkey69

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 9:53 am

lol..yes it has a th350 swap, although the reluctor ring was not put back into the trans for the speedo to work, since I wasnt able to do the swap myself, and the shop that did it for me, just couldn't understand what I wanted them to do...lol. They were able to drop the 4l60 without taking the exhaust out, which was the reason I couldnt, not having enough room. I have yet to also hook up a kickdown cable, but I figure I will do it next spring when I replace the relutor rimg for the speedo as well..currently a GPS handles the speedo, and mileage duties. The trans has a mild shift kit, and with a factory towing package, feels pretty good on the highway, especially when I was towing a couple of huge ATVs. mileage is now better in town, but worsze on the highway..huh..who knew..lol. from a roll the wagon is now faster, but obviously with the extra low 1st gear, its a lil slower off the line.
I will get some pics up..
and thanks all for the welcome.

edit..ugh, Im gonna have to figure out how to attach a pic on this board.[img]another newb checkin in from WI. Capric13[/img][img]another newb checkin in from WI. 71_cut10[/img]The Cutlass is from the day we picked it up. will look tons better next summer, so will the wagon for that matter...lol
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:17 am

I love that burnt orange and creme combo! Nice! Very Happy

Why'd you go 350? Do you race it? Or did you just "have one" in the garage or something?
Back to top Go down
DBeaSSt
Admin
DBeaSSt

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:50 am

Beautiful Cutlass! Thanks for sharing. Smile

The wheels on that wagon look familiar. Pat......
Back to top Go down
http://www.prosise.name
jturkey69

jturkey69

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 12:04 pm

Thanks, the wheels came with the wagon when we bought it from Jay Randerson up around Appleton,WI. The 4l60 was going out, and we didnt have the money to fix it, and the guy who built the 350 didnt need it so I picked it up for 150 newly rebuilt, never used. had it installed for 200, +50 for the adapter. I also wanted to make sure towing the ATV's that I wouldnt have any issues on long trips.

The cutlass will have about the same color, maybe a lil deeper in hue, and the vinyl roof will be gone. we have two sets of bumpers, so one set will get painted black, along with part of the grille and headlight trim, and the whole bottom rocker line will be black. Hopefully it will be rolling on some staggered boss 338 wheels, or a set of 19" ADR web style rims from BMW...then of course no musclecar can be complete without some zoomie style tailpipes exciting in front of the rear wheels AKA MadMax interceptor...lol
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitimeFri Nov 13, 2009 10:10 pm

Sweet....thanks for the pics too!
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: another newb checkin in from WI.   another newb checkin in from WI. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

another newb checkin in from WI.
Page 1 of 1