GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
81X11

81X11

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Empty
PostSubject: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:33 am

Gave Misty her "new" Denali tonight. She loves it, thank goodness!

AND I got my Custom Cruiser back from my father. He's had it the past two weeks while Misty was driving the Dodge Ram. I'm so glad to have the Cruiser home....it SO comfy and roomy compared to my Cutlass, which is what I've been driving the past few weeks. The Cutlass is a great weekend toy, but not a daily driver!

Best of all, since the Grand Prix has been sold and the Cutlass lives under the carport, and the Denali is too tall for the garage with the bikes hung up, the Custom Cruiser has finally been allowed in the garage. cheers My beloved 96 Roady wagon was never able to be parked in the garage, always had Misty's car in there next to the GTO. Glad my Olds wagon finally got the honor.

It's happy. Wink

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Denali077

Save the Whales!
And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Denali086
And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Denali087
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Empty
PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 9:23 am

Woot!

I'm going to have to build a garage to store my wagon and truck in...
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 10:11 am

toomanytoyz wrote:
Woot!

I'm going to have to build a garage to store my wagon and truck in...

You sure are! And knowing you, you will. Very Happy

-Mike
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:49 am

Careful Mike:

Keep this up and this board will have no choice but to confiscate the GTO due to:

1. Not supplying the necessities of life.

2. Forceable confinement.

and

3. Obvious neglect.

You can avoid this unpleasantness by willingly donating it to another member (me ??? bounce ) who shall provide the necessary care and feeding of this obviously mistreated car.

Glad the OCC has found a good home.

Bill
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:01 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
Careful Mike:

Keep this up and this board will have no choice but to confiscate the GTO due to:

1. Not supplying the necessities of life.

2. Forceable confinement.

and

3. Obvious neglect.

You can avoid this unpleasantness by willingly donating it to another member (me ??? bounce ) who shall provide the necessary care and feeding of this obviously mistreated car.

Glad the OCC has found a good home.

Bill

I can not afford to start messing with the GTO. I wish I could, but once I start a project, I tend to not stop...it's day will come. That said, the GTO is safe, dry and secure in the garage and I WILL eventually get to it.

I can't get rid of it because I know for a fact I could never afford another real GTO again. Even basket-case '67's have gone nuts in price.

Besides, it makes such neat garage art. And I get to meet all kinds of new people who are driving by and slam on their brakes and then come knock on my door begging me to sell it.. Laughing

-Mike
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:02 pm

Oh and the Goat's roof makes a great place to store the ski tube and the kids bicycle helmets.... pale

-Mike
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 12:27 pm

don't give it to bill, he'll just put some sort of oil burning drivetrain in it that will rattle and knock
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:12 pm

buickestate wrote:
don't give it to bill, he'll just put some sort of oil burning drivetrain in it that will rattle and knock

Oh I know....

-Mike

Last edited by 81X11 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 3:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 1:18 pm

it's more like this

Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 3:49 pm

YIKES!!! pale
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 4:28 pm

buickestate wrote:

In this case I would certainly make an exception. A GTO without a 389 tri-power just ain't fittin.

Can't believe some of those old videos are still wandering around. Do one diesel conversion and no one lets you forget it, though I think I saw the car again a couple of weeks ago going out of town. A guy up the valley bought it and used it to commute 60 miles to and from work. That thing must have 1/4 million miles on it by now cheers

Anytime you're in a giving mood Mike let me know. That car has been on my bucket list for over 40 years.

Bill
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 5:10 pm

convert2diesel wrote:
buickestate wrote:

In this case I would certainly make an exception. A GTO without a 389 tri-power just ain't fittin.

Can't believe some of those old videos are still wandering around. Do one diesel conversion and no one lets you forget it, though I think I saw the car again a couple of weeks ago going out of town. A guy up the valley bought it and used it to commute 60 miles to and from work. That thing must have 1/4 million miles on it by now cheers

Anytime you're in a giving mood Mike let me know. That car has been on my bucket list for over 40 years.

Bill

You don't want mine Bill. It's a '67, so no tri-power. It's a 400 with a quadrajet. '66 was the last your for the 389 and tri-power.

On the upside it IS the original numbers matching engine...and drivetrain, and a/c, p/s, p/b...ahaha. The way it was optioned you can tell it was a ladies car, a FANCY goat...ahaha. I just wish it had tilt and power windows. It's not missing much else.

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! GoatCleaning006
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeTue Feb 19, 2013 11:21 pm

Should have checked your sig. Matters not, its the body style I like. Would be better if it was a rag top but they are even scarcer, at least the ones I can afford.

As you may of guessed, I'm not one to concern myself with numbers matching. If I want it in my car it gets it. More concerned with function than collector status. Enough of them are going through the auctions lately that are totally original so the genre is well preserved.

I just like the body style.

Bill
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitimeWed Feb 20, 2013 9:43 am

I WILL fix that car one of these days. I promise! It's a flat miracle I got the thing!

-Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!   And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

And then all was right with the world....the OCC is in the garage at last!
Page 1 of 1