GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Drove the best handling B body ever!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage

Drove the best handling B body ever! Empty
PostSubject: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 12:11 am

Went over to a friends house this past weds.We have been talking thru this forum for over 2 years and had never met until weds.He's been busy protecting our freedom over in Kabul among other places.He asked me how close I was to Camp Peary which is just down the road from me.We continued to stay in touch and I am honored to have him as a friend.Currently he has a 60"stretch limo,2 roady sedans with one being a t-56,the built caprice which I drove,a very trick GMMG Camaro thats a one of one and a radical SS thats at another location.On this 96 Cappy he has a gusseted and seam welded frame,koni adjustable shocks set on max firm,Eibach springs on all 4 corners,a AGR steering box with a 12:1 ratio,a borgeson stainless steering shaft and many things I am forgetting.Also has a solid 1 inch front sway bar,a 7/8 inch solid rear bar and a massive under the hood brace attached to the fenderwells.The engine is a 383 LT-1 with all forged internals,comp cams version of the LT-4 cam,HP fuel pump,kooks full length headers and a tuned exhaust.built 4L60 E tranny with a stall convertor.Only got to drive it a short distance but I have no doubt as to whether or not its making 385 horse at the rear wheels.Drives very firm with no slop period,stomped it once trying to feel it out and although the cold tires wouldnt allow any serious playing around it was very impressive and I would love to get those tires heated up one day before hitting my favorite interstate on/off ramps.I know now that the 6 litre will come last only after I get my wagon handling and stopping like his does.Although I have driven some very fast cars in the past none came close to this Caprice with its handling and only 1 or 2 actually hooked up better or pulled as hard as it does.Sorry I was so excited I didnt take any pics but will and then will have a very good reason to learn how to post pics here.All in all a wonderful surprise and hope everyone had a great thanksgiving!
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: What did he do to his car?   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 10:39 am

Try and find out what he did to make his car the best handling ever and share it with the rest of us please. Thanks bounce
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 8:48 pm

I'm sure the car is awesome, but "a massive under the hood brace attached to the fenderwells" is just for show. It does nothing for handling on a full frame car.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 9:53 pm

swaterson wrote:
Try and find out what he did to make his car the best handling ever and share it with the rest of us please. Thanks bounce
Looks like someone snoozed through reading class. Sleep

jayoldschool wrote:
I'm sure the car is awesome, but "a massive under the hood brace attached to the fenderwells" is just for show. It does nothing for handling on a full frame car.
No, but after you've tightened up the frame like he did, you will notice a tighter body structure.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeMon May 20, 2013 11:07 pm

I read the specs,. the wagon frames are pretty beefy,.i have the eibachs, bilsteins, the big sway bars,.
the quick steering box,. some bigger brakes front and back,.i don't have the brace,.( as was mentioned, not that effective)
Maybe i have one of the best handling wagons ever??
It,s got a 383 with LT4 topend and lots of compression,. oh,. and a t56,..
some fusion tires,.,..

oh wait a minute,. there's lots of them out there with stuff like that,.

oh yeah,. i almost forgot my 9c1!! damn it has all that too!!,.old herb adams bars, bigger brakes,. eibachs,. quick ratio box,..3:73's
maybe its one of the best handling b bodys' ever too!!??

but if its who i think it is,..
he really does have some nice toys,.........

Nick
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:27 am

It is who you think it is Nick,and yes he has some very nice toys.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 12:33 am

Even the underside of his limo looks like a rolling commercial for BMR!
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 7:43 am

I think I know the Roadmaster you're talking about. White, ruby red interior... custom console. I've seen the car. It was up here in NE at one point.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitimeTue May 21, 2013 11:43 pm

Gastt wrote:
I think I know the Roadmaster you're talking about. White, ruby red interior... custom console. I've seen the car. It was up here in NE at one point.
He does have a farm up in that area but this caprice sedan is the same color as Pats Pariseanne wason with SS wheels.This is his DD,you should see his black LS-1 Camaro that he was clocked at 186 mph in the Silverstate Classic
public timed roadrace in nevada a number of years ago.It is a engineering masterpiecce based on a stripped V-6
manual with zero options.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Drove the best handling B body ever!   Drove the best handling B body ever! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Drove the best handling B body ever!
Page 1 of 1