GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Cornering Lights on OCC

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
COL

COL

Cornering Lights on OCC Empty
PostSubject: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:01 pm

My OCC did not have Cornering lights. It does now. Thanks for the light harness Fred. They work great. It will be dark in an hour. Oh boy.

stuff added this winter: four new speakers, Vista Roof shades, Cargo Springs, Courtesy door lights, Olds rocket Hitch reciever cover, "Save the Whales" decal and cornering lights.
I think a new leather steering wheel cover is next. Don't tell my wife.............
COL
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:09 pm

WOOHOO,knew you could do it!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 8:49 pm

Flasheroo wrote:
WOOHOO,knew you could do it!

Last evening I studied the donor harness. Between a racoon upsetting my dogs, and my brain going though the installation over and over, I had a restless night. Now it is done and I will sleep well tonight. It is getting dark so I am going to see how it looks at night., and how it lights up the road in a turn.
Col.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:36 pm

You took pics/detailed info right?

Very Happy

Might have to add these to mine over Spring Break... I have the sockets in my lights. Smile
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 9:49 pm

Stingroo wrote:

Very Happy

Might have to add these to mine over Spring Break... I have the sockets in my lights. Smile

Dick

A writeup would be nice. Thinking about doing it myself. I have the harness, just need ambition.

Tom
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:07 pm

silverfox103 wrote:
Stingroo wrote:

Very Happy

Dick

A writeup would be nice. Thinking about doing it myself. I have the harness, just need ambition.

Tom
Tom,when you get some of that ambition can you send me some please?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:25 pm

I'm the other way around. Lots of ambition - not much harness.
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 10:40 pm

Guys sorry I did not take pictures because I found an old post with the entire process described. I will look for that post link.
It was not as easy as Fred decribed to me but much easier than I expected when I got saw the harness.
I cut out everything that was not connected to the corner light bulbs and added them to my old harness.
Orange wire is for the left and Black one crosses over to the right. Each side has a ground too.
I drove it around a little tonight. It lights up the bushes and curb ok. But mostly I think it looks bitchin.
Dick
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 11:17 pm

I found the link I used for my lights. I did not however remove my old harness. I just used the (donor) plug that fit into the two wire (orange and black) plug. See photo top right column, page three.

I ran a wire to the right side in a separate plastic split cover and tied it to the original with my extra clips.

I will shoot some pics tomorrow of the finished install but this link will help:
http://ex-vtc.gotdns.com/downloads/Cornering_Lights.pdf
Dick
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:08 am

Nice job Dick! Keep adding those options!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 7:45 pm

Photos of the job after the fact.
Scavenged plug from donor harness"
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0906_zpsaf280f86
Pluged into existing conections. Note orange and black wire:
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0900_zps93a07581
Orange wire goes to driver side corner light (center wire-hot)
Black wire goes across to passenger side light.
I covered the wire with a plastic sleeve:
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0902_zps92dc50f9
I used clips from donor and fastened to original harness:
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0901_zps0b49efa3
Each light from donor harness also had a ground. I grounded on both sides individually.
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0904_zpsc80d4909
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0903_zps29abec7a
Left corner light comes on (solid) when left turn indicator is on. (only when headlights are on.
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0908_zps1e3c135d
And the right:
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0911_zps4d8d6a18
And to finish it all off at the rear:
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0912_zpsea468383
Dick
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:37 pm

Nice
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 11:49 pm

Great work and how to pictures,good job Dick!
Back to top Go down
COL

COL

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 12:06 am

Thanks.
Whale Blue steering wheel leather cover from wheelskins.com on the way.
Made in USA (California)
Leftovers
Cornering Lights on OCC DSCN0905_zps77a7744a
Dick
Back to top Go down
1991BlueBertha

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitimeFri Apr 28, 2023 10:31 am

OLD OLD thread. But in case anyone else searches the forum like i did to find info, my 91 now has cornering lights also. on the 1991 there's no pre wiring so no harness just plugs in, etc...

BUT the large connector under the steering column will have 3 wires on the end closest to the firewall that arent connected to anything on the other side of the plug. Black, orange and brown. Black is for the right constant 12v with turn signal, orange is for left and the brown needs to have 12v applied to it from the headlight circuit. run two wires to the front of the car, one for right, one for left, get you two sockets from Autozone and I used LED bulbs... wire up the positive two wires on the socket so both filaments come on, connect the ground to the existing ground right by each light and poof. now you have cornering lights and no more useless reflector on the corner. Smile

94Woody likes this post

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cornering Lights on OCC   Cornering Lights on OCC Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cornering Lights on OCC
Page 1 of 1