GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Euro wagons

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
lowlow37

lowlow37

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:13 pm

As i get a lot of feedback, and questions on my project thread on our euro specific wagons, i thougt i would post some here instead of krashing my buick thread...

Here we have this car that i am trying to buy now.. My Opel is kind of small as it is a two seater...

Euro wagons 4047578935

2.5 turbodiesel, automatic trans... This car will run faster on the quartermile than the T5 gasoline V70

My current daily, an euro GM product, Opel combo with a 1.7 diesel, no turbo, so its kind of slow....

Euro wagons 600650_10151348059707758_611971143_n
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 4:31 pm

I wonder if it'd be possible to import one of those awd diesel wagons? Did they make them with a manual transmission?
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 5:58 pm

I've been thinking the same Crovo. But I think cars newer than 15 years old have to meet federal emissions and safety laws.

A Holden Commodore wagon, or a diesel V70, or a Mondeo wagon.... mmmmmm
Back to top Go down
lowlow37

lowlow37

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:50 pm

Almost all Volvos are manual transmissioned.. Maybe this is something to think about? IIf i load two-three cars like this in sweden, ship them over, and take the can back home again with a couple of beefy 6.2 dieseltrucks and load them full of wheels Very Happy

The Box model GMs here in sweden are priced lower than in US, if they are gasoline, or worse, 5.7 diesels.. For me, i wold LOVE another Customcruiser with a 6.2.. I had a dark blue -83 about ten years ago, and i miss it almost every day... Hmmmmm confused Anyone here that would have a 6.2D lying around btw? I would go with a turboequipped 6.2 in the estate anyday if i could get my hands on one.....
As you might understood, i am a big fan of diesels.. I just love the sound of a tuned, freebreathing turbodiesel!
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 6:59 pm

Funny, almost all volvos here are automatics. Everything is automatic. It's tough finding a manual!
Back to top Go down
convert2diesel

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitimeSat Feb 09, 2013 11:28 pm

lowlow37 wrote:
Almost all Volvos are manual transmissioned.. Maybe this is something to think about? IIf i load two-three cars like this in sweden, ship them over, and take the can back home again with a couple of beefy 6.2 dieseltrucks and load them full of wheels Very Happy

The Box model GMs here in sweden are priced lower than in US, if they are gasoline, or worse, 5.7 diesels.. For me, i wold LOVE another Customcruiser with a 6.2.. I had a dark blue -83 about ten years ago, and i miss it almost every day... Hmmmmm confused Anyone here that would have a 6.2D lying around btw? I would go with a turboequipped 6.2 in the estate anyday if i could get my hands on one.....
As you might understood, i am a big fan of diesels.. I just love the sound of a tuned, freebreathing turbodiesel!

If your serious, I can get my hands on any number of 6.2s. The issue there is this engine has not been produced for 20 years and most of the used ones have led a fairly tough life. Would not look at any of the 6.5s, with few exceptions, built before 2000 especially if your access to a machine shop with some 6.2/6.5 experience is limited. Any of the 6.5s built after 2001 are bullet proof as they were made by AM General and International. Unfortunately the majority of these engines were only used in military Hummers and a few delivery trucks. GM dropped the 6.5 in 2001.

Finding enough real estate under the hood for the conventional turbo setups is a real problem, resulting in some wild plumbing issues on the exhaust side. One that would work in the boxys would be the 6.5 turbo used in the up armour Hummers. They have the turbo mounted in the valley at the back of the engine but the heads are different to accomodate the intake manifold, and are specific to the turbo Hummers and the GM vans.

Have you explored the 3 liter Mercedes V6 ? This is a proven design, is smaller and lighter, and puts down way more HP than even the turbo 6.5s. I am also anxiously awaiting the new VM Moteri 3 liter. Seems like a serious contender.

Bill
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Euro wagons Empty
PostSubject: Re: Euro wagons   Euro wagons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Euro wagons
Page 1 of 1