GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets

Go down 
+5
SShiftn6
94Woody
rh96ss
jayoldschool
brokecello
9 posters
AuthorMessage
brokecello
brokecello

Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Empty
PostSubject: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:12 pm

I am looking for a set of the brackets that go in the rear LCA's on the sedans (what the stock swaybar mount to)

Thanks!
Chris
Back to top Go down
http://www.ChrisPowellmusic.com
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 6:35 pm

I would really suggest going to stronger arms. I can give you one sway mount. Why one? Because I couldn't get the bolts out of the other one, so I actually ripped the bar off the arm. If you would like a pic, LMK...

GM likely has them if no one turns them up.

Jason.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 9:43 pm

I was told they are very hard to get from GM...do you have a PN?? I have a 1-5/16" rear Hellwig bar coming my way. Supposed to work just fine with the stock LCA's. I would LOVE to get some upgraded arms, but I don't think I have the money for it now!!

How much for one of your brackets?!?

Chris

Last edited by brokecello on Sun Dec 20, 2009 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
rh96ss

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeFri Dec 18, 2009 10:17 pm

did RMS come with a rear sway bar, if so there is a 93 in a yard near me I could go look for the sway bar mounts.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:13 am

I think some RMS came with the rear bar (I know my old '95 RMS did)....if you happen to be heading that way...I would appreciate it Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:24 am

If you can wiat for the weather to clear a bit I can run up to PAP and grab a set for you. There are a couple there. There is also a pair outside on my now useless sedan.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:32 am

94Woody wrote:
If you can wiat for the weather to clear a bit I can run up to PAP and grab a set for you. There are a couple there. There is also a pair outside on my now useless sedan.

I can wait!! I don't have the bar yet...and I have the front bar to install anyhow.

Thanks man!
Chris
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 10:50 am

Any bar will "work" with stock LCA. For how long is another matter...

My extra bracket is free for wagon brothers, of course. If you can't get a pair from someone (no homo), just LMK...

I'll take a pic of that torn one when I am out in the garage...

Jason.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSat Dec 19, 2009 11:30 am

I will grab a set for ya soon as weather permits. I'll grab a couple other parts and I doubt the brackets will cost a thing.
Back to top Go down
SShiftn6

SShiftn6

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 2:13 pm

So, will a sedan rear bar fit the wagon axle if you put sedan arms on (or brackets or aftermarket arms)?

I assumed they would for a while, but was thinking earlier this year that since a sedan axle (mounts and all) is narrower, that the bar would be too narrow for the wagon rear...I haven't really looked that close, but doesn't the Hotchkis wagon bar mount to the side of the arm also so that wagon specific bar wouldn't work with say UMI/Currie/whatever arms?
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 7:43 pm

SShiftn6 wrote:
So, will a sedan rear bar fit the wagon axle if you put sedan arms on (or brackets or aftermarket arms)?

I assumed they would for a while, but was thinking earlier this year that since a sedan axle (mounts and all) is narrower, that the bar would be too narrow for the wagon rear...I haven't really looked that close, but doesn't the Hotchkis wagon bar mount to the side of the arm also so that wagon specific bar wouldn't work with say UMI/Currie/whatever arms?

The rear bar I am getting is wagon specific (from THIS group purchase) and is not the most heavy duty one. I am also not planing on doing any crazy Autocrossing with it.

I used to have the Hotchkis wagon bar set...and did upgrade to the BMR rear arms. The arms are the same on the sedan vs wagon...you are right with your thoughts on the narrower sedan rear. Smile So no, a stock sedan rear bar will not bolt up to a wagon rear.

So for this set up, I will have a 40mm Impala SS front bar and the 1-5/16" rear bar. NavyLifer said this would be a good set up for my driving style and budget.

Chris
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:16 pm

brokecello wrote:
[ So no, a stock sedan rear bar will not bolt up to a wagon rear.

Chris

OH MAAAN,..I knew i done something wrong again,. *sigh* ah well its been on there 5yrs or so,. i think i'll just leave it,..
weird too how all this talk about lca's,. the sedan i had (and i,m getting back, yes thats right,. the ghost is returning home) had a herb adams monster rear bar,.(great for drifting,.) and i thrashed that car,. but it didn't hurt the lca's ,. why not? i,ve always wondered,..

Nick
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 8:25 pm

Quote :
the ghost is returning home

STOP THE PRESSES! The legendary Ghostie is returning to the master? This is big news.

Ok, back OT. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeSun Dec 20, 2009 9:29 pm

phantom 309 wrote:
brokecello wrote:
[ So no, a stock sedan rear bar will not bolt up to a wagon rear.

Chris

OH MAAAN,..I knew i done something wrong again,. *sigh* ah well its been on there 5yrs or so,. i think i'll just leave it,..

?? You have a stock sedan rear bar bolted on your wagon rear? I am confused..lol I does not take much.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 7:09 pm

Will be making the trek to the yard this weekend. I made an Oops while changing the fuel pump in my sedan. At least the car runs again Smile
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 8:33 pm

Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets MVC-914S

Its amazing some of the stuff i,ve got kicking around here,.. Suspect
doubt these would be any good tho,. they,re too cruddy looking for any fancy kintuck car. course 1 still does have the paper GM part# on it,.
slide these brackets up,.so the back holes are in the front holes (nowudimean???) drill 2 new holes,. and you,d be surprised what bars will bolt right on,.
course all them skooled internet enjinears 'N' space cowboys are likley to shout right out saying how the lca are gonna Splode N all,. but shucks it ain't never happened to me yet,.. guess i,m the luckiest fella,. (just practising my kintuck hill billy talk ) kinda like not being able to install an impala rear end under the wagon,. shucks,. some fool dinn lissen and went right out and did it,. it might not meet racin specs n all,.and it sure woodent meet wagon 95 specs, but it seems to work fine for spirited street drahvin,.N how many fella's are gonna lay undeneeth the car to look anyways,. folks kinda snickered at mah hill billy c3/c5 front brakes too,. but hell there's a few sets out there and boy do they stop good,. not navy lifer approved mind you,. not powder coated or painted up all fancy like a whoowah or nothin,. but kinda practical,. nowudimean?
I,m just sayin,.

Nick
"Capo"
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 9:58 pm

LOL!! You go Nick Smile

Inowudumean. Wink
Back to top Go down
Krzdimond
Admin
Krzdimond

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:22 pm

I'm ashamed to admit that I understood that.
Back to top Go down
rematar

rematar

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeMon Dec 21, 2009 10:44 pm

brokecello wrote:
?? You have a stock sedan rear bar bolted on your wagon rear? I am confused..lol I does not take much.
Metco has a LCA set that has has 3 sets of holes for the sway bars. The front 2 for a sedan bar and the rear 2 for a wagon (or early 70's B-body) bar.
Back to top Go down
94Woody

94Woody

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeTue Dec 22, 2009 5:50 pm

Lots of poeple snicker when one does things without the need for their expensive products.
Back to top Go down
brokecello
brokecello

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 5:35 pm

I have to say a HUGE thanks to Nick for sending me a set of these Smile Hoping to put them on Sat Smile

Chris
Back to top Go down
buickestate
buickestate

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 7:31 pm

we have to see pictures of how the were when you got em and just after you cleaned em up and then after you mount em
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitimeThu Jan 21, 2010 9:06 pm

buickestate wrote:
and then after you mount em

Ouch,. can he showthose kinda pics here?
INHO,. those lca brackets are very chintzy,. a full length of 1/4 plate with some nuts welded on t'other side,. then the whole thing welded onto the lca would work better
Boxing the whole length of the lca's makes them waaaay,. stronger,.
course thats jus lil ol me an i aint no skooled inernet injineer or nuttin,.

Nick
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets   Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sedan Rear LCA Swaybar brackets
Page 1 of 1