GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

weak speaker sound

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
scoffman

scoffman

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Okay short and sweet.

All of my car speakers were factory. The two rear speakers sounded terrible, even crackly. Here's the real problem. My passenger side rear speaker had about half the volume as the driver side rear speaker. I thought it was just a speaker issue since it was so old. Well I replaced them and guess what the passenger side rear speaker still has about half the volume as the driver side rear speaker. Could the issue be with the radio? I was under the impression that the rear channel drove both speakers (driver side, and passenger side). If that's the case why would one side have a louder volume then the other? Would reversing the polarity to your speaker cause this type of issue (pos and Neg switched)? Could the factory have switched the polarity in the wiring harness?

I have a new radio to put in Ms. Roadie too, I'm just waiting on the install kit. I don't want the issue to still be there when I install the new head unit, if I can avoid it. Any idea on what might be causing this?
Back to top Go down

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeWed Mar 20, 2013 11:32 pm

If those rear speakers are original they may be just worn out or dry rotted.To see if its the speakers just switch them and see what happens.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 8:47 am

Here's a silly question, but have you adjusted the balance left to right and right to left? Is it centered? Could just be a weak channel in the old factory radio...
Back to top Go down
benn

benn

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 9:33 am

Change your radio.

Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:25 am

I'd guess either the balance is not set correctly or the radio has a weak channel (in which case, I'd recommend replacing the radio)
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 1:50 pm

Yeah I checked the balance and fade. That's how I can tell it sounds weaker than the other side.I found this other thread stating a similar issue. They replaced the radio and all was well. I just thought the rear channel drove both the speakers at the same time. I didn't know it would split the signal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

weak speaker sound Empty
PostSubject: Re: weak speaker sound   weak speaker sound Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

weak speaker sound
Page 1 of 1