GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bonneville Seats

Go down 
+6
cadillac kevin
Olds Weighty Eight
JoeT
toomanytoyz
sherlock9c1
91OCCWagon
10 posters
AuthorMessage
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 10:36 pm

So after alot of looking/reading, I think i'd like to find a set of bonneville seats for my OCC. Are the seats a direct bolt in? Do I use the bonni seats with my tracks? Or the bonni seat and track both? I only plan on doing the fronts for right now.

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeThu Mar 21, 2013 11:50 pm

I put my bonnies on my Caprice rails (same as yours) and it was very easy. You will have to drill new holes, but it's very straight forward.

If you find a set of the 12 way seats, though, it might be worth it to wire those up on their own rails and include the controller. No experience in that department, though.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:21 am

The cloth bonneville seats are a great and cheap option. I had them for awhile but went to the 12-ways only because if you're really tall (6'3" or more) the 6-way upper padding didn't quite fit my back. The fabric is different with each color; personally I dislike the corduroy fabric they used on the tan seats but loved the fabric they used on the charcoal seats.

Because Bonnevilles of that vintage are so old now and the Bonneville owner crowd typically was not the type to keep the leather conditioned, it will be very hard to find a set that's not torn or ripped. Even if you find a set with some abrasion but no tears or rips, that may be your best option. There's a set on the ISSF here that's in probably as good a shape as you will find, although the price is steep.

If you chase after the 12-ways, grab the center control switch assembly and remove ALL the wiring harnesses, only cutting the black, tan and grey ground/power/dimmer wires that tie into the rest of the vehicle harness. Do not cut any other parts of the harness no matter what; it'll be very tricky to put it back together. I think you can leave the seat bases in the donor vehicle and use your Caprice rails but make sure the drive motor plugs are compatible (I bet they will be).
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:47 am

Thanks guys.
I dont think i'll really need the 12 ways, as i'm only 5'7. Power seats don't really thrill me, but since I already have them, and the switches are in the door, I definitely would like to keep them.
Last time I was at the junkyard, I did spot a real nice set of charcoal grey cloth seats. They were in a 92-99 bonneville, I don't remember exactly what year. Does it matter? The yard wants $35 a piece for the seat without tracks.
Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 8:52 am

Nope. Doesn't matter. Those will work.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 9:32 am

Bonnies bolt right to the B rails. No need for any drilling or anything. I've installed a dozen sets that way, no issues.

The 12 ways however, do require some modifications.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:19 am

Very good to know, thanks. And just out of curiosity, how much do seats run at the yards where you guys live? Just looked it up and a bucket seat, no tracks, is 25 with a 5 dollar core here.
Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:23 am

I got mine for $22 a piece with the rails.
Back to top Go down
JoeT

JoeT

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 10:46 am

I thought I got a good deal on mine...
They were $50 for the pair, including one power and one manual track.

Last edited by JoeT on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:47 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added comment and corrected typo.)
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 11:15 am

Ok, so I guess it's not too bad.
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:38 pm

91OCCWagon wrote:
Very good to know, thanks. And just out of curiosity, how much do seats run at the yards where you guys live? Just looked it up and a bucket seat, no tracks, is 25 with a 5 dollar core here.

Core charge at the junkyard on used seats? WTH do they do with the 'core' seat? Question
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 12:55 pm

I wondered the same thing.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeFri Mar 22, 2013 6:06 pm

1. Scrap metal.
2. Get you back in the yard to buy more. Works on me, unfortunately.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 1:54 pm

When I bought seats, they were 15-20 a piece without rails (depending on which guy I got at the gate).

And wtf of the core charge.....its a seat
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Again, thats what I said. lol
The yard is one of the LKQ yards. They try and squeeze every dollar they can outta you.
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 3:40 pm

I still have a pair on minty mint mint charcoal leather 6 ways that have been in the basement for ten years. One of these years I'll put them in a car. Or not.
Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:53 pm

jayoldschool wrote:
I still have a pair on minty mint mint charcoal leather 6 ways that have been in the basement for ten years. One of these years I'll put them in a car. Or not.
Way to rub it in,have you checked on those seats lately?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 4:55 pm

Last time I saw them, they were still mint, but dusty. I offered them up at WF a couple of years ago, but no takers.
Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 5:06 pm

Are you still thinking about selling them,if I were you I would hold onto really nice bonnys for
that special b body.I got a deal on a set of 04 bonnys for my friends limo.These are very nice
seats as well and I bought a set of the machined and powdercoated mounting plates as well.
Back to top Go down
cadillac kevin

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSat Mar 23, 2013 11:51 pm

91OCCWagon wrote:
The yard is one of the LKQ yards. They try and squeeze every dollar they can outta you.
When I called LKQ for quotes on chevy 350s, they wanted 900+core for a 300k chevy truck motor and 1100+core for a 150k roadmaster 350 motor (both of which came with a 3 year free replacement warranty). I tried to keep from laughing.
Back to top Go down
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeSun Mar 24, 2013 7:53 am

Geez, and I thought they were bad here. I definitely would have laughed, right before I hung up on em.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeMon Mar 25, 2013 9:41 pm

cadillac kevin wrote:
91OCCWagon wrote:
When I called LKQ for quotes on chevy 350s, they wanted 900+core for a 300k chevy truck motor and 1100+core for a 150k roadmaster 350 motor (both of which came with a 3 year free replacement warranty). I tried to keep from laughing.

I bought a 100K LO5 and trans for about $550 with the core charge at the local LKQ you pull it. Recently someone picked an LQ4 with trans, wiring harness, and computer for about $875 at one of the LKQs here. I should have raced there and picked it, but did not have a place to store it. Next time I will grab it and deal with where to store it after the fact.
Back to top Go down
QUICKSSILVER

QUICKSSILVER

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 2:33 pm

I just took out my SS seats and installed some black bonneville seats(6-way) I still haul things in quickssilver sometimes and with the bulkiness of the rear SS seat i couldnt fold the back seat down all the way. But with the bonneville rears not only are they thinner, which allows me to fold the back seat down properly, they also have a rear middle console complete with cup holders, the perfect mod with two little kids that ride in the back.
Back to top Go down
http://www.reverbnation.com/ziplockfreshhh
91OCCWagon

91OCCWagon

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 3:01 pm

I wasn't really planning on swapping the rear seat too, but that would be nice to have a cupholder or 2 back there.
Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I have a set of light grey 12 ways in my 9c1 ,. i hate em,.
I,d prefer another set of SS seats,.
Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 9:09 pm

Honestly, since losing weight, I LOVE my bonnies so much more. They hold you. It's awesome.

I need to get to the yard and get a passenger seat bottom and swap it into my driver's seat. Then I'll REALLY be in for it.

Mmm yes.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bonneville Seats Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bonneville Seats   Bonneville Seats Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bonneville Seats
Page 1 of 1