GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 RMW new cold air induction....

Go down 
+2
jayoldschool
Tom Wingo
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

93 RMW new cold air induction.... Empty
PostSubject: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:40 pm

My 93 RMW got a new cold air induction....Cadillac hat and horn from junk yard-3" PVC and fittings from Lowes-KN air filter on the end...moved the charcoal? canister from in front of the widow washer reservoir to a position lower and in front of the driver side front tire.....plenty of room under there.....used canister bracket from 94 Caprice-junk yard -it was located under the passenger side - in front of the tire-front part of the lower wheel well----had to drill hole in frame which allowed me to reattach the 94 Caprice bracket lower wheel well driver side in 93 RMW--this cleared up the area in front of the washer fluid on the 93 RMW--making a good spot to land the KN filter.......had to modify a few hoses/connectors to make it all fit...........now to make an air box that blocks the radiator hot air and help the good air flow better from behind the lights and the side of the area where the KN sits......thanks Fred K for the info that helped make this project a reality......will post pictures of air box in the next few days.....Tom
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 17, 2013 8:56 pm

wish I could get my pictures to load..........working on it
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:11 am

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]
KN FILTER

OVERVIEW

CANISTER RELOCATION

NEW CAPS
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:13 am

Curious: What did you do with the temp sensor? It doesn't fit in the hole in the Caddy hat, did you just epoxy it in place or what?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 am

You now have warm air induction. The stock setup pulls air from the other side of the core support. It will help to build a box like the one found on the LT1 K&N kit.
Back to top Go down
scoffman

scoffman

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 am

I've been thinking about doing something similar to Ms. Roadie. I think I'd like to try and put the filter/pickup in front of the radiator support just below the headlight on the driver side. Right now I just took the big air muffler off to open up some room under the hood. Plus the PO lost the retaining bolt and replaced it with something else that didn't fit correctly.
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:25 pm

as I stated above.....still have to build a custom box for KN to be in the "good" air...thinking of fiberglass box(homemade)..anyone see any junk yard parts that might work for this box???

can open the side vent hole by removing/relocating the horns on the 93 RMW and there is a vent hole behind the headlights--------any ideas about how to use these holes to get more air...

also think I can gain some space for the new custom air box by taking out 93 RMW windshield washer tank and replacing it with a 94,95,96 wagon tank which has the 2 pumps on the side rather that in the front like the 93......any ideas ?????????
Back to top Go down
Olds Weighty Eight

Olds Weighty Eight

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 12:50 pm

You need to make a new avatar now as the car looks much better in black with the moon discs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.lakelandraceway.com/friends_garage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 4:37 pm

3 pictures of hookup to cad hat----drilled 2 holes and used one plug---epoxie used to secure plug and vent hose fit snug.........used brass nipe to connect 2 valve cover to air intake hoses together (1 original and 1 from junkyard)-last hole pluged with plactic plug from Lowes

Last edited by Tom Wingo on Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeThu Apr 18, 2013 8:14 pm

The position of the air filter should provide a relatively cold air charge. The air blows in around the headlight, and pushes the hot air away from the filter. Blocking the air from the engine would give you a slightly colder charge, but I would not expect a dramatic drop in temperature. If you can put a gauge on the IAT sensor, you can read the temp. The resistance varies inversely with the air temp, and you could measure the difference when you isolate the filter.

The IAT temps at resistance are:

210 - 185 ohms, 160 - 450 ohms, 100 - 1800 ohms, 70 - 3400 ohms, 40 - 7500 ohms, 20 - 13500 ohms, 0 - 25000 ohms, -40 - 100700 ohms.
Back to top Go down
Dutch Pete

Dutch Pete

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 11:16 pm

Great mod, the moon discs look awesome to.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW new cold air induction....   93 RMW new cold air induction.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 RMW new cold air induction....
Page 1 of 1