GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

93 RMW needs to tow small camper???

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Empty
PostSubject: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:09 am

I have a small vintage camper that I want to tow with my 93 RMW---any suggestions ??? more trans cooling? air lift assist in rear? anything that would be helpful???? plan to tow on power tour/cross country from Montana to Georgia down to wagonfest-up to wagon fest etc. etc. any tips would be helpful thanks TW

93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Camperjekyllapril2012025_zps355bca80
Back to top Go down
silverfox103
silverfox103

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

Hey Tom

I've pulled quite a few travel trailers coast to coast. They were quite a bit bigger, but the same things should apply.

Going up those passes out west, will slow you down. I would definitely get an additional transmission cooler, probably the biggest you can find. Heat is a transmission killer. Make sure the springs and shocks are in good shape. Check plug wiring both on wagon and trailer to make sure it is in good shape. Make sure you have a good ground.

Brakes should be in good shape. Check tires all around, and especially on the trailer, where it's old. Make sure there is no dry rot. Have trailer bearings greased. Not sure if you need an equilizer hitch on the trailer, where it's I'm guessing 16 feet? Or a sway bar? I would probably ask a reputable trailer dealer.

Make sure cooling system is in good shape.

Bring extra alternator (ha ha).

You should be fine just have the wagon maintained.

See you in NY.

Tom C.

Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:05 am

thanks Tom---have new tires/bearings on trailer--trailer is 12' box --total length is 15'----wiring is ok on trailer hookup--I rebuilt wiring last summer........

looking for additional trans oil cooler---have BM street rod trans oil cooler I am thinking about adding...need to keep trans as cool as possible.........

hope to see you on the road one of these days-----come to Montana this summer for a visit --would like to show you around--have a good one TW
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:06 am

Is your car a tow pack option?
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 am

jayoldschool--do you happen to know the code# for that option on the 93RMW?????????
would be great if it did-thanks TW
Back to top Go down
Gastt

Gastt

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 11:34 am

V92
Back to top Go down
Tom Wingo

Tom Wingo

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitimeFri Apr 19, 2013 12:03 pm

Gastt thanks have the V92--------thanks again TW
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: 93 RMW needs to tow small camper???   93 RMW needs to tow small camper??? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

93 RMW needs to tow small camper???
Page 1 of 1