GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flat Prices

Go down 
+3
s1l1sc
Fred Kiehl
Robert 96
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Robert 96

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeWed May 01, 2013 11:14 pm

Has anyone else noticed how Roadmaster Wagons have quit selling recently ? Maybe it's just me, but the RMW's on ebay and the like are not selling no matter how good their condition. Am I wrong or have any of the rest of you guys noticed the same thing?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeThu May 02, 2013 12:07 pm

The good ones are selling, especially if they are from the south, and southwest.
Back to top Go down

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeFri May 03, 2013 11:24 pm

Yes Robert I noticed that there are 14 roadmaster on ebay today and most of those have been sold at least once with the deals falling thru and then being relisted.It seems like they go thru spells of many quality wagons all for sale at the same time.Think what stalls the sales is just too many available at the same time.Whats surprising is how many very nice caprice wagons are available which is really a unusual event due to their rarity.Just something that happens and they will evensually start selling again.
IMHO
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 5:16 pm

We have passed tax season... Everyone has spent their tax refund checks ;-)
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 10:56 pm

s1l1sc wrote:
We have passed tax season... Everyone has spent their tax refund checks ;-)
For real. It's surprising how many people go from flush to broke around this time and between December 18th - January 31st. THAT is the time to buy.

BTW, just about every RMW posted lately has something significant wrong with it. Any front bumper hits or rear fender damage on woody cars are automatic totals, so the dealers reselling those picked them up for next to nothing from the auction. I almost pulled the trigger on a gorgeous '94 RMW in VA last fall until the seller showed me more pictures of the "small dent in left rear" that would have been impossible to fix correctly since it went all the way down from the bottom of the window to the bottom of the fender. Sorry buddy, a 3" indentation is not a "small ding."

Back to top Go down
phantom 309

phantom 309

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:21 pm

flat prices,..
i dunno,. theres some hexpensiv stuff on flea bay right now,..
Back to top Go down
jasonlachapelle

jasonlachapelle

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeSat May 04, 2013 11:57 pm

That guy from Brossard brought all his prices up by $2,500 after they didn't sell the last 3 times he listed them. Does ebay charge you a fee if you list something and it doesn't sell ?
Back to top Go down
Robert 96

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeSun May 05, 2013 1:30 am

There's expensive stuff but it's not selling. The really nice cars usually have unrealistic prices on them.
Back to top Go down
s1l1sc

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeTue May 07, 2013 7:13 pm

eBay charges you to list items, then again when they sell - at least thats the way it work in the car section last time i looked. Regular auctions are free to list now I think.
Back to top Go down
Sprocket

Sprocket

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitimeFri May 10, 2013 9:44 pm

the problem is the cars are older so the fan base declines and those selling them think they are worth more than they are. At this point in the cars life, it's worth what someone will pay you.

I'm anxious to see how Ian's car does at Meecum. I don't think the current owners are going to see the return they want.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flat Prices Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flat Prices   Flat Prices Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Flat Prices
Page 1 of 1