GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
veesixteen

Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Empty
PostSubject: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:06 pm

Previous owner was not careful with his wagon and somehow got the roof-rack bar "bent". Anyone know of a good spare in a bone yard. We are in Columbia, SC.
I guess it can be shipped UPS if need be.
Back to top Go down
Cadet57

Cadet57

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:08 pm

Buick? Chevy? Olds? Year? The Buicks and Olds have a different rack than the Caprice. The bars don't swap.
Back to top Go down
veesixteen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeFri May 17, 2013 7:17 pm

It's a 1994 Buick Roadmaster Estate.

Cadet57 wrote:
Buick? Chevy? Olds? Year? The Buicks and Olds have a different rack than the Caprice. The bars don't swap.
Back to top Go down
vdubluv74

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:21 am

I took the roof rack off an estate wagon, pm me an offer and we will make a deal. Mine was a 93, I an not sure if the interchange?
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeTue May 28, 2013 9:45 am

I have a number of sets of the RM roof rails. If any of the others are cracked, and you need more than one, I can ship them to you. I use FEDEX. Pricing is about $15 each plus shipping, all 5 for $50 shipped. Shipping for 5 is the same as one (pricing is by size, not weight).
Back to top Go down
veesixteen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:04 am

vdubluv74 wrote:
I took the roof rack off an estate wagon, pm me an offer and we will make a deal. Mine was a 93, I an not sure if the interchange?

Can any member tell me if the 1993 and 1994 roof-rack bars and mounting parts interchange?
Do you have the mounting hardware (2 nuts, 2 bolts, 2 spacers)?
Trouble would be gettng the part(s) it to me. UPS probably would charge twice as much as I am offering for the parts ($20).
My brother will be in Fla in October and could pick up the parts. Where are you located?

Thanks for responding.
Back to top Go down
veesixteen

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:17 am

I think I need to forget having the parts shipped to me. Even by USPS, we are talking over $20. So I am going to go visit some "junk" yards myself, during my travels in and around S. Carolina. Thanks for your offers guys.
Back to top Go down
Fred Kiehl

Fred Kiehl

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitimeWed May 29, 2013 9:29 am

The 5 rails on the roof are interchangeable, and the rack itself may be interchangeable as well. The crossbars are different, but may also be interchangeable. The 91-93s have one chrome/aluminum crossbar, and the 94-96s have 2 arched crossbars. The 94-96s have a nut plate that runs in the channel, and thumb screws to tighten the racks. The 91-93s use locking tabs on the top of the crossbar to clamp it to the track.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings   Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Looking for ONE roof rack bar and fittings
Page 1 of 1