GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Corvette servo help shift quality?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
TylerW

Corvette servo help shift quality? Empty
PostSubject: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeWed Jan 13, 2010 10:50 pm

Hey guys:

I've heard a lot about the vette servo being a good upgrade for a 700R4/4L60E.

My '91 RMW has about 120,000 miles on it and the trans appears to be fine, but I dislike the way it shifts. It shifts at the right times and all that but it has a nice soft, luxury car shift feel, and I would prefer it to shift firmer.

I actually bought a used 700R4 for my truck this past summer that came from a wrecked '92 RMS, and it did not shift as softly. With the TV cable adjusted for perfect shift timing, it had nice, positive shifts.

Also, I can tell you from experience that the VSS on a B-body 700 is not compatible with the ECM on a C/K series truck, and vice-versa. They use a totally different type of output signal.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:24 pm

what size motor do you have in your wagon?
Back to top Go down
jayoldschool

jayoldschool

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 3:30 pm

Didn't all 91s get 305s?
Back to top Go down
TylerW

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeThu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 pm

Correct, that's what it has.
Back to top Go down
sherlock9c1

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 15, 2010 10:59 am

I think the 305s got the smaller servo. They're certainly easy enough to install. I have a complete corvette servo here ready to go with new seals if you want. Shoot me a PM.
Back to top Go down
CORVAIRWILD

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitimeSun Apr 26, 2015 8:26 am

5 years later, did the Corvette servo ever get installed?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Corvette servo help shift quality?   Corvette servo help shift quality? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Corvette servo help shift quality?
Page 1 of 1