GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim

Go down 
+4
81X11
95BRMW
JaySS
94bluewagon
8 posters
AuthorMessage
94bluewagon

94bluewagon

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Empty
PostSubject: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeMon Jun 17, 2013 9:31 pm

My woodgrain trim on my wagon was mostly peeled off or faded. I decided to try my hand at vinyl wrapping new darker colored woodgrain to the trim pieces. I think it turned out O.K., not perfect, but exceptable and actually very nice from 10 feet. I was trying to add some before and after pictures to this post, but I was not able to figure out how. If and when I figure out how to add pictures, I will post them.
Back to top Go down
94bluewagon

94bluewagon

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 5:57 pm

The best I could do was install the pictures on my cardomain site and forward those interested to that site.  http://www.cardomain.com/ride/4040475/1994-buick-roadmaster/  Thanks for reading
Back to top Go down
JaySS
Admin
JaySS

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 9:27 pm

Pics linked.

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim 16246784_large

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim 16246785_large

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim 16247222_large

- J

Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeTue Jun 18, 2013 10:26 pm

Trim wrapping turned out beautiful,really looks good against the factory woodgrain.
Back to top Go down
95BRMW

95BRMW

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:58 am

Looks pretty good, where did you get the vinyl from?
Back to top Go down
94bluewagon

94bluewagon

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeWed Jun 19, 2013 9:09 pm

Thanks for the compliments. There are some bad spots/wrinkles, but for my first time attempting this, I'm happy.  The bought the woodgrain off of Ebay from a company called Metro Restyling, in Michigan. I went with the Marine teak wood grain, cause of the darker shade. I'm sure there must be other companies that supply it and it is not cheap. I ordered a sheet 48"X48" and it cost around $100, plus a 1/2 pint can of adhesive promoter.I don't know if you need the promoter, but I used it just in case. There are several utube videos that show how to apply it. Thanks again.
Back to top Go down
81X11

81X11

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am

I think it looks good.   A+ for the effort.  Most of us just paint or polish the trim.  You went further to actually "restore" it to something close to factory.  

Nice work!  Oh and I LOVE the Chevy Rally wheels!!
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:08 pm

I really like the contrast of the two colors,nice job, thanks for sharing.
Back to top Go down
toomanytoyz

toomanytoyz

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 12:15 pm

That looks great! I love the contrast. Smile

Vinyl likes to be applied wet so you can move it a bit. Then a credit card sized squeegee and a heat gun will turn you into a professional. Wink I'm sure you have plenty left over to try again on the wrinkly parts. May even try some heat as it sits now, as it may shrink into place for you.

Aside from a few errant razor blade trimmings, my roof racks came out pretty decent... 
vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim IMG_20130501_150601_929_zps0ffe6179
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 2:16 pm

Now thats DIFFERENT,I like it a lot and its very unique!Still able to surprise us after all these years and ALL those cars.
Back to top Go down
1993 Roady-man

1993 Roady-man

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeThu Jun 20, 2013 9:46 pm

Nice,... to you and Crovo.
Back to top Go down
Robert 96

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitimeFri Jun 21, 2013 7:24 am

That really looks nice. Good Job
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim   vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

vinyl wrap woodgrain to side wood trim
Page 1 of 1