GM Longroof Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
200OZ
200OZ

Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Empty
PostSubject: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 1:48 pm

I just ordered a set of braided brake flex hoses for my BRMW from a local place here in Rochester, NY. (PDI)
They ended up being about $25.00 ea. Classic Tube wants about $126.00 for all 3 delivered, I'll let
everyone know how they work out.

EDIT: The first quote was wrong, it's $33.00 per hose, not as much of a price difference as
I hoped, but still not bad.

Mike
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 2:54 pm

Thats a great price,I have a used set but I am not to sure how old they are.
Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 3:05 pm

Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:06 pm

Back to top Go down
YachtDriver

YachtDriver

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 4:41 pm

Well if it's a Local place. I would rather support the Local guy. even if it's a couple of bucks more.
Back to top Go down
1phastsswagon

1phastsswagon

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 6:44 pm

YachtDriver wrote:
What about these?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Goodridge-G-Stop-SS-Brake-Line-Kit-for-91-96-Chevy-Caprice-Front-Rear-12231-/300914090170?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item460fe0a0ba&vxp=mtr

Comes out to 32.96 a piece without tax / shipping...

I have used Goodridge in the Past on a few different vehicles I have owned. Street Legal, High Quality easy to install, and best of all they are Real Close by here in NC.
Back to top Go down
https://sites.google.com/site/carissmacom/home

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeMon Jun 24, 2013 11:53 pm

Last new set of braided brake lines I bought were by Russell for my honda CBX motorcycle.Cost me 200 bucks back in 1982 and consisted of 5 different lines but were worth every penny.
Back to top Go down
Andebe

Andebe

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 25, 2013 11:55 am

Add these to my want list....
Back to top Go down
Roadagon

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:13 am

Hi All, I havent been on for awhile,good to be back on this forum. Thinking about installing
braided brake hoses on my 96 Roady,is it worth the investment,does it change pedal feel,would
you use them again?  And last who makes the best ones?  tks ed
Back to top Go down
200OZ
200OZ

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitimeSat Jul 06, 2013 10:35 am

I put them on, along with new pads, rotors, and calipers, and to be honest, I'm not sure I feel a difference. I didn't do the rear so maybe that would need to be done as well to get a firmer feel.

As far as brand, Goodridge, Earl's, and Russell are the main players, all are made in the US, and have DOT #'s. I had mine done at a local shop that uses Brakequip (Areoquip) parts and pieces which are also US made and have DOT #'s. Stick with the name brands made in the US, and make sure they are DOT legal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)   Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Stainless braided brake flex hoses for wagons on the cheap(er)
Page 1 of 1